Do these people ever check their facts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being in debt a few years ago, I instantly recognised the answer phone message I received today which went along the lines of "Message for Mr ...... could you call me back on 08443729671 quoting account number 123456789"

Knowing I have no outstanding debts, I phoned to check anyway and before responding to any questions asked who it was, and was told EOS Solutions, quick Google whilst on the phone and yes they are a DCA and they asked did you get call on this number I said yes and they asked me is that "road name", as it happens we used to live on that road 4 years ago but now we live in a different city so have a different phone code so clearly it is not us. We just seemed to have a similar sounding surname to that person so they thought they would call us and see if we cracked.

Nice to hear them getting it so wrong.

Wow, I must be flavour of the month, just received another letter from a completely different company, to a completely different person.

This time it was Buchanan Clark + Wells, now we have been in the house for four years and have received nothing from these guys, Lowell Portfolio (pursuers), or HSBC (creditor) so they must know the person does not live here. Clear phishing exercise.

Wow, I must be flavour of the month, just received another letter from a completely different company, to a completely different person.

This time it was Buchanan Clark + Wells, now we have been in the house for four years and have received nothing from these guys, Lowell Portfolio (pursuers), or HSBC (creditor) so they must know the person does not live here. Clear phishing exercise.

The only phishing letter I've ever had for an alleged debt which was absolutely nothing to do with me came from these people, I sent the ‘prove it’ letter and never heard from them again.

Have you just checked your credit rating?

There are suggestions that doing so triggers DCAs to look for anything that they can throw at you, after all, there must be a reason for you to check your rating ...