Debt Collectors letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My debt collection letter arrived this morning - was expecting it sometime soon as I have totally ignored the PPC letters since being on here.

Now, is it advisable to use a template from here to write to the DC and say that this is in dispute with the PPC. After 2 attempts to request details on what exactly I was obstructing (written before I found you guys!) they have ignored my requests, therefore refer the DC back to the PPC.

Does it work to ignore the DC as they have stated that in the absence of payment or any valid dispute they will pursue the matter - with or without my cooperation. If they havent heard after 7 days then it will go to the solicitors who will review the case for potential legal action.

What do you reckon?

Carry on ignoring.

The only time that you need to take any action is if a properly sealed court form arrives on your doorstep, but that is a highly unlikely scenario and still easily dealt with.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Carry on ignoring.

The only time that you need to take any action is if a properly sealed court form arrives on your doorstep, but that is a highly unlikely scenario and still easily dealt with.

...and there, you have it..... Ignore. ;-)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....