Lowell and shop direct debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm a newby here, so i hope i've posted this in the right place.

I received a letter today from Lowell, saying that I owed shop direct £381.34, and now they want payment from me.

My last payment to shop direct was in January for £30.

Previous to that like most people I ran into money troubles I phoned shop direct back in October 08 stating this and that I would like the default charges to be dropped and the interest to be held for 6 months, as this would help reduce my balance.

Every month a statement would arrive with interest and a default charge, every month I would ring them saying You were supposed to have put the interest on hold, I would get the same answer as the previous month 'sorry someone hasn't done it'.

My partner was put on part time hours back in Febuary so the money was really tight.

Leading to me stopping payments.

Lowell have stated that they now want one payment of £228.80 as full and final payment, or 3 equal payments of £95.33 over 3 months or £50 DD until balance is cleared.

I truly can't afford any off these payments and dont know what to do.

Can someone please advise me.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi,

Advice aplenty. :smile:

Lowells (AKA the Leeds Losers, Lowlifes) have no power to demand a single penny off you. Only a court can do that.

If you are willing to pay this debt, you tell them what you are going to pay, not the other way round.

Do you know how much is made up of charges. Claim them back

Do the Northern Numpties have the right to be collecting in the first place.

Did you get a Notice of Assignment or A default notice from shop direct?

how old is the account?

Oh yes, Don't speak to them on the phone. Do everything in writing and post recorded delivery. For some strange reason there is a bermuda type triangle around their offices and normal post just disappears :rolleyes:

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi fox thanks for replying :)

I have no idea if they have a right to be collecting as I dont really understand the ins and outs of debts lol. Every month for 3/4 months I got a default notice from shop direct because I was a few days late paying. I dont know what a notice of assignment is, if its something to do with me signing something then I haven't signed nothing. And the account is about 1 to 1and a half years old.

Ok,

After two or three missed payments the original creditor should send you a default notice giving you a date to remedy the default and if you don't, they send you a termination of account letter.

Next, a DCA should send you a "welcome letter" (how ironic) which should be a notice of assignment saying they now own the debt and for you to contact them.

Do you remember ever signing anything from shop direct? This would have been your credit agreement.

more advice soon

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I have had a letter from shop direct saying they wont take payment from me anymore, then months later I get a letter from lowell saying as I didnt reply to previous letters (I haven't had previous letters from them) they may instruct an agent to call at my home, that was in may, then todays letter saying they want payment. I have only received these 2 letters from lowell. And I havent signed anything from shop direct.

in that case, I would send a CCA request to them. Letter 8 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Enclose a £1 postal order-no cheques

send recorded delivery

DO NOT sign the letter

They have 12+2 WORKING days to reply.

I see you had the "we will send a doorstep collector round" letter.

I'm assuming your doorstep is still there :D