Energy Personel Break Into Daughters House

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughter and her young family went out saw a van down bottom of street but carried on phone call from neighbour . gas or electricity people breaking into ur house .it seemed the supplier had removed the locks entered the property removed the gas and electric meters .locked the doors and put a note on front door if u require key .ring no printed below after 6pm and on payment of 80.00 u will be supplied with a key to enter the home. yes obviously she has some type of arrears with them .but to watch her go out and then enter her home change the locks then lock her out all day do we live in modern britain. can this happen ?.my god it is frightening .no policemen was present when entry was gained .we need some advice already e mailed the company .wont discuss with me not acc holder.thank god my wife was there to support her.need advice on this one it could be happening all over the uk .:x:mad::mad::x

So long as the company had a warrant then this is legal.

To have got to this stage, your daughter would have been in serious arrears with the utility company and have failed to make either a payment arrangement or voluntarily agree to have prepayment meters. A warrant to gain entry is the last stage of the debt collection process and will occur 114 days after the last bill was due if a customer has been ignoring demands for payment.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Sadly it is, the charge is for the locksmith's time and materials. The cost of the warrant will have been added to the debt.

For it to have got to this stage the OP's daughter will have been either ignoring the demands for payment or not coming to a payment arrangement.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

However, there is nothing preventing her from doing the same thing - breaking in past the new lock and replacing it with her own (ahe only requires a new 'front end' and key - and competent locksmith will be able to get in with minimal damage.

It won't resolve the issue of there being no power within, but at least she'll get into the prioperty which is rightfully hers.