DLC - threatening court action URGENT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have sadly received what looks like an enforceable CCA from Abbey Loan, and the debt has now been passed onto the above.

The problem is for my partner is that he has only literally just started a new job after being without work for over a year.

He simply has no funds whatsoever to pay these guys yet. What letter or response can we send them to get them off our backs for a while until we have enough money to eat, let alone pay this.

Thanks

Hi Furrypaws,

Although the agreement may be enforceable, there's other things that could be checked...

Did you receive a Default Notice? ie an actual letter headed Default Notice giving you a set time to pay the arrears? Following on from that, did you receive a Termination Notice?

Check your letters, and scan and post these if you can find them...removing personal details/barcodes etc of course. It's important for us to check these, so do try and find them...

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Following on from that, if all the paperwork WAS in order, then one way to make them give you time is if you make an appointment with CAB or another Debt Management Co such as Payplan or CCCS, then DLC have to give you 30 days grace to sort yourselves out under recent Government Legislation.

Hope this helps,

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Ok, sounds good, however is there something we can send in the meantime to stop partner worrying? A letter to stave them off? We have gone to CAB they were beyond useless, but it seems like a good idea to advise this is what we are doing to stave them off for a further month. Again, is there a letter we can send? I really dont like sending any of these DCAs an"in my own words" letter as I dont want them to misinterpret or pounce on anything.

Thanks guys

How about something along the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

We are writing to inform you that we are seeking advice and assistance regarding our current financial difficulties.

To this end, we would appreciate if you could hold any action on the above account for a period of at least 28 days.

Also, during this period, could you please freeze interest and/or any other charges accruing on the above account.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Hi Furrypaws,

There's a couple of examples on a similar thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/202668-c-nice-friendly-service.html

Don't forget to hunt round for the Default Notice. If you can't find anything it might be worth investing £10 for a Subject Access Request to find out exactly what's happening with this account. £10 fee would cover ALL accounts with Abbey.

Elsa x