Huge electricity bill, please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I have moved to my current flat 7 months ago. The flat used to be the office of a restaurant directly below and I rented it from the boss of the restaurant.

The landlord has been using a business supplier called Opus for electricity supplies, and he didn't swich it back to domestic supplier after i moved in and no one has told me about who my electricity supplier is.

At first i was feeling a bit odd that i didn't receive any electricity bill for the past 7 months, but then i thought maybe the landlord used to pay his bill half yearly or annually. Just today i finally got a electricity bill from Opus demanding payment of almost £1800, i was totally shocked. It was not expected at all, i didn't think i was using electricity from a business supplier as the landlord knew the flat isn't going to be for business purpose anymore and i would expect him to switch to a domestic supplier before he let it out, if not then he should at least tell me to switch it. Price they charged is more than 6 times higher than what british gas charges.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now, i am a university student and i just don't think i could afford to pay that bill now. Could anyone here give me some advices on that matter please?

Thanks

if it is just addressed to 'the occupier' then its not your bill

there are rules surrounding this.

if it has your name on it who told them.

i think you really need to take this issue up with your LL

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...