Cancel my agreement HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can help???

My mother who is disabled and a pensioner got a phone call 2 days ago from a company called Cancelyourloancom telling her that for £300.00 she could cancel her loan. So stupidly my mother gave out her Visa details over the telephone to them and they have now taken the £300.00 from her account. I know that she has the right to cancel this agreement in writing within 14 days. But I am strugling on how to word the letter (Legal Jargon). Also how can they just take money from someones account on a verbal agreement????

Please can someone give me some guidence on this matter.

Regards Lynne

Hi there this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can help???

My mother who is disabled and a pensioner got a phone call 2 days ago from a company called Cancelyourloancom telling her that for £300.00 she could cancel her loan. So stupidly my mother gave out her Visa details over the telephone to them and they have now taken the £300.00 from her account. I know that she has the right to cancel this agreement in writing within 14 days. But I am strugling on how to word the letter (Legal Jargon). Also how can they just take money from someones account on a verbal agreement????

Please can someone give me some guidence on this matter.

Regards Lynne

What do you mean by 'cancel the loan', I'm assuming that the company were yet another company willing to take on the loan and hope to prove it unenforceable ?

The website canyouloan.com doesnt make sense, its just ads for other loan companies.

Sure they can take money with just a verbal agreement, people pay for goods and services all the time over the phone.

Im sure there is legislation about cancelling agreements made over the phone when you have been cold called, hopefully someone can fill you in on the exact details.

Andy

• 9 months later...