Cred ref agency purges my credit accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Strange thing happened this week. I obtained a credit report from one of the main CRAs and lo and behold all but 3 of my credit accounts have vanished from the system.

The ones which are left are small accounts. So according to them I have a total debt of £120 . No more credit cards a/c , no more hp a/cs, no personal loans showing anymore. Yet I can still download a report from last year which has all of them. Is this the Bermuda Triangle of the CRAs ?

Or could this be a conspiracy to boost the economy. I am not complaining but I will not be celebrating until these accounts remain outside the report for the next 6 months. I think this is a glitch in the system.

My address is correct and my electoral roll entry accurate too.

Dan

They could have been removed if the information is over 6 years old, or if you have moved address since your report you refer, the one you can download from last year, then it me have been added to another format of your address by accident.

All the credit accounts were live accounts, i.e. my credit cards , personal loans, etc. Now , they no longer appear on the list of accounts.

It is almost certainly a mistake. As you say, they could be showing again if a different address was used when searching. I have a subscription with that credit ref agency . Therefore when I log in , I log into the account with them. The big question is : if a company searches my records, what will they get ? I suspect they might see all these missing accounts. The only way to find out is to pay £2.00 to experien and give them only my current address and name and see what I get.

I will do this and see what happens.

The Agency is one of the big three (Experin, Call Credit, Equifax). I cannot divulge which one, for obvious reason.

Well if you get the 30day free trial on-line one with Equfx they'll provide linked address info; so if you supply just your current address you'll see if a lender picks up linked address info too.

If you get the postal one - they wont supply info at the linked addresses.