hello all

royal-marine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off i'd like to say a big thanks for the site creators and everyone who's imput has created such a great site.

Ive been reading with a smile on my face the exploits of hsbcrusher and the rest wrestling their money from the greedy paws of the banking corporations. its just a shame these lengths have to be gone to to basically recieve a refund for illegal charges!

Now i have a couple of questions myself as ive gone a different route to fight for my money.

firstly i hadnt read this forum unfortunatley so ive employed a solicitor who will be taking 18% of anything i recieve in payment for doing the ground work.

However im not too bothered as im not the most letigeously minded individual and im shocking as far as organisation goes.

My questions are: my solicitor has recently written to me stating that it may take 4-5 weeks for the bank just to send my 6 years worth of statements!! doesnt seem right as i requested them myself about a year ago and recieved them within a fortnight.

Also i have just returned from a 6 month all-inclusive government funded trip to afghanistan, now during this time as i wasnt spending money i didnt recieve any charges and my account was in good shape and i feel as though ive missed out as ive been getting charged alot for about 10-11 years now. Anyone understand what i mean by that?? lol. Can i (after this initial case is resolved on way or another) request money form further back? 6-10 years say??

I appreciate there many questions for you clever peeps out there but i'd appreciate any help at all as im pretty much alone in that i dont know anyone else who has claimed.

Thanks very much

Hi royal-marine , welcome to the forum :)

Your solicitor is right , mate - the bank has 40 days to comply with a Subject Access Request (SAR) , whch is the method of getting them to produce all the info you need to claim your charges back .

At the moment the safe limit to go back before they get obstructive is 6 years from when you send the first letter asking for your money back - others are waiting too , think to see if this can be breached at a later date - but to be safe I would say stick with 6 years at the moment ...

It's a pity you hadn't found this site first , you'd have saved yourself the 18% :cool:...... and it's not really difficult to do your own claim - however , it wouldn't do any harm to read up on the procedures if you haven't already done so, it may help you to check that your solicitor is following the timetable too :

Links for new starters

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Step_By_Step_Guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Templates library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Finally, don't hesitate to come back if you're in any doubt - someone will always answer - and we're user -friendly ..... :D

And may I say I think you guys are doing a sterling job in Afghanistan ..... glad you're back safely .........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

welcome to the forum Royal Marine subbing too in case i can be of assistance. My dad was a Royal Marine 4 25 yrs until 1977 he passed away to cancer 5 weeks ago so i have a soft spot for you guys

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

welcome to the forum Royal Marine subbing too in case i can be of assistance. My dad was a Royal Marine 4 25 yrs until 1977 he passed away to cancer 5 weeks ago so i have a soft spot for you guys

im really sorry to here that friend. we are one big family on the corps. my condolences to you and your family.

thanks for the replys guys. its a great site and i'll be posting more soon.

Thank You Royal-Marine as the D-Day Commemorations are coming up this Saturday at Southsea seafront I will be able to remember my dad there.

This is my mum and dad on there wedding day

WeddingDayFinal002jpg.jpg

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.