style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i`m under Punch Taverns, and with things being as bad as they are lately we have handed our notice in, but in the meantime we havent been able to afford the rent, last week we had a visit from the bailiffs to collect the rent.

Is it right that we had no letter to say how much owed or that they were sending the bailiffs, the bailiff didint even have a cort order or anything and was talking about taking the car and everything.

Can he do it?????

Thanks Jamie

no he must have a court order he must have the court order with him and his card with his name and his certificated number on it

having said that its not uncommon for a bailiff to levy on a car without this

have a look on the national debtline web site or phone them 0808 808 4000

Crayon,

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I am not sure that the advise above is actually correct.

I was a bailiff a few years ago so unless it has changed:

A certificated bailiff can levy for commercial rent on a warrant which they are able to print and sign themselves. At the time it was not necessary for it to be done through a court and I am not sure that it has changed since but I may be wrong.

NB This is for commercial rent which a Pub lease will be.

GK

Hello there. give Business Debtline a call on 0800 197 6026 or take a look at their fact-sheets on Business Debtline

AFAIK the bailiff can be used without a court order. This is called 'Distraint', you can read about it on the fact-sheets on the website. I'm not sure if this is for domestic or business rent so am unsure on the precise advice for you at this point.