Another Hellifax customer going to get his cash back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a demand last thursday for £2750, it was an estimate. I suspect it is a bit less than that so today the DPA letter is sealed and just about to be sent.

Thanks for the guys at Bank Action and Brian Mullen.

Hope a snowball effect will happen and force banks into ending this robbery of customers with lesser means.

As far as I am aware Hellifax charges the most at £39 per cancelled DD, its a disgrace.

Dear Hellifax bank manager, The Halifax Bank Action Group are coming after you :twisted:

Enclose the £10 with the DPA request. I am sure that it will make a difference.

I know that the £10 is the right course of action but I didnt do this :oops: I told them to debit it out of my account or invoice me. If they don't respond in a resonable time I will make a nice friendly visit :twisted: to the branch.

Thanks Again for this site.

I have worked out, with the statements that I do have, they owe me over £600 excl interest. I only have a small portion of the six years of statements.

I am coming after you Hellifax :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

because it helps the DPA alng and you then claim it back.

After sending a number of emails to the customer relations section to confirm they are dealing with the issue I finally got a reply.

Mr *******

Your complaint has been received and acknowledged in writing.

Thank you

Useful.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a standard reply back from the "Customer Relations" department stating that they incur costs etc etc and that they comply with the banking code blah blah. They are "prepared" to offer me £156 and they reserve the right to close my account.

I have sent them a reply back stating that the offer is insulting and only a fraction of what they have taken from me illegally. I have given them 14 days to comply with my request.

I questioned their costs and asked them to explain how they charge two lots of £39 for two failed DDs on the same day but only send one letter out. In addition I advised them that some banks charge £20 and they charge £39. I asked them if they are running an inefficient bank.

I acknowledged their threat of closing my account with a right for me to inform as many halifax customers as possible of their illegal activities.

I will be getting my money back from the [problematic].

Here is another email address for the Customer Relations department

[email protected]

I think Halifax charges are the most excessive. Compared to other banks. Which is why it makes me so determined to get it back.

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

"Thank you for your recent letter, I tried to ring you to discuss your complaint but you weren't available to take my call."

Many of us have had the standard letter but do they ring? They didn't ring me:(. I faxed them and emailed them to asked for the date/time on when they called.

Was it just me they didn't call?:p

editsign.gifPLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD FOR SOMETHING THAT RELATES TO SAME CLAIM. IT MAKES THINGS TOO DIFFICULT FOR EVERYONE TO FOLLOW.

I got same letter. I know for a fact they didnt try and ring me, coz I have never been over the door for over 2 weeks, ive had a flu viras and have been at home all the time, what a load of old bull they speak.

Me either,

I also made a real complaint and they haven't even suggested a resolution, merely the letter headed "CR FF".

Must stand for Customer Revolt Flaming Fines

Also what about the random refund amounts???

Blod

Guest blindman
Me either,

Also what about the random refund amounts???

Blod

Alledgedly this is the last 6 months of charges. My second letter in response to the LBA I sent said this and is mostly accurate.

The 'phone call is VERY dubious, both 'phones have an answer machine and no message or even call was recorded.

I have had another response from them, this time less standard. They say that they are sorry for me not accepting their offer so they have upped it to £273.

The bizarre thing is is that they have enclosed my six years worth of charges on my account without me asking. I asked my branch to supply me with statements.

The charges add up to £1228 excl interest. I suspect they have done this because I have asked originally for £2750 and I agreed to settle for £1800 in my last letter.

In the letter they said their records show that they called me on the 4th April. I never noticed it.

I will now work out the interest on the spreadsheet and reply back to them. This time I will give them seven days.

They have not threatened me with bank closure this time. Maybe because I advised them that I reserved my rights to inform as many people as I can about their activities.

LBA sent giving them ten days:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks