red light - court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went through red light.... It was on a crossing and saw no persons near or around therefore assumed in my mind lights would be with me....as drove throught them had relisation that they were not!! Went through on 11 secs of red. This is my first ever offence in 6 years of driving. I wrote a letter of apology however have been informed that they intent to issue me with a court summons.

What can I expect to recieve? is it 3 points of more as long time on red?

Also I am taking students on a expedition to Laos and therefore am unlikely to be in the country when the court summons is posted....what does this mean?

Am really worried have never been in trouble before and would like to know what the process is...how much is this mistake going to cost me?

Running a red light is usually dealt with by way of a fixed penalty of £60 and 3 points.

Since you were 11 secs into the red aspect (!), then I would hazard a guess that you will not be summonsed for the red light offence but for dangerous or driving without due care. The penalties for these offences go all the way up to disqualification.