Car getting Repossessed by Northridge Finance -Help required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A close friend is getting her Car repossessed by Northridge Finance. The car was taken out on a 4 year Hire Purchase Agreement on 14th March 2007 over 48 payments.

Last year she fell behind payments and stopped paying after June 2008. She was served with a default Notice in August 2008 and after that did not hear anything from the Finance Company until this April 2009.

They came to inspect the vehicle and offered her to pay the arrears by end of June 2009. She made one payment when they came to see to her.

What the finance company really offered was her to pay about 3 payment every months and complete the payments by end of June. Each payment amounts to 454.00.

She was sent a written letter with this agreement and as no payment was made in April 2009 a default notice was sent.

An another letter was sent on 15th May 2009 stating as "you failed to remedy the breach detailed in the Statutory default notice within the time specified. As indicated to you in SDN the agreement is now terminated.

As a consequence of such Termination you are requested to :

a) Return the goods

b) Pay the arrears amounting to ....

c) Pay compensation for any resulting from any breach of the Agreement by you.

If necessary we shall take legal action against you and any surety to enforce our rights under the Agreement and to seek a decree on such grounds as the court may decide."

The above letter was sent on the 15th May 2009 and today the Bailiffs came to collect the car. A company called Lancashire Collections certified bailiffs through Preston County courts.

Currently my friend is 10 monthly payments in arrears and is raising the money to clear the arrears. So far according to my calculations from April 2007 to May 2009 making it 26 months. If she is 10 payments behind then she has paid 16 payments which is a third of 48 payments.

The finance company will need a court order for the return of goods. So how can they send the Bailiffs. No repossession order has been sent.

I have asked my friend to ask the finance company for the breakdown all her payments and a copy of her CCA.

In the meanwhile how does she deal with the finance company and the Bailiffs.

A close friend is getting her Car repossessed by Northridge Finance. The car was taken out on a 4 year Hire Purchase Agreement on 14th March 2007 over 48 payments.

Last year she fell behind payments and stopped paying after June 2008. She was served with a default Notice in August 2008 and after that did not hear anything from the Finance Company until this April 2009.

They came to inspect the vehicle and offered her to pay the arrears by end of June 2009. She made one payment when they came to see to her.

What the finance company really offered was her to pay about 3 payment every months and complete the payments by end of June. Each payment amounts to 454.00.

She was sent a written letter with this agreement and as no payment was made in April 2009 a default notice was sent.

An another letter was sent on 15th May 2009 stating as "you failed to remedy the breach detailed in the Statutory default notice within the time specified. As indicated to you in SDN the agreement is now terminated.

As a consequence of such Termination you are requested to :

a) Return the goods

b) Pay the arrears amounting to ....

c) Pay compensation for any resulting from any breach of the Agreement by you.

If necessary we shall take legal action against you and any surety to enforce our rights under the Agreement and to seek a decree on such grounds as the court may decide."

The above letter was sent on the 15th May 2009 and today the Bailiffs came to collect the car. A company called Lancashire Collections certified bailiffs through Preston County courts.

Currently my friend is 10 monthly payments in arrears and is raising the money to clear the arrears. So far according to my calculations from April 2007 to May 2009 making it 26 months. If she is 10 payments behind then she has paid 16 payments which is a third of 48 payments.

The finance company will need a court order for the return of goods. So how can they send the Bailiffs. No repossession order has been sent.

I have asked my friend to ask the finance company for the breakdown all her payments and a copy of her CCA.

In the meanwhile how does she deal with the finance company and the Bailiffs.

I think you can get a suspention of warrant, if you pay the arrears in a determined time. I'm not sure as to the process, i think there is a charge.

I would send a recorded letter to the HP company, (recorded delivery) offering to pay at a reduced amount to pay off the arrears say over two years (work out how much you can afford)with the monthly payments. If they do take you to court to repo the car the JD could see this as a good thing and suspend it(its down to the JD), he will then order costs ect ect to the bill.

Been down this road with another HP company, even though I never defaulted, HP company was taken over by GMAC, but thats another story.

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

• 4 months later...

I am in similar situation but Northridge taking me to court for return of goods, even though offered to pay them 350 per month to clear the balance of 4700. The original finance agreement was for 21,000 and we already paid 16,500 and only have a year left on the agreement. I filled out a form that the court sent with our offer of payment but heard nothing. I phoned the court today and they have said the hearing is going ahead as Northridge have not accepted our offer. I am really worried as need the car to get to new job, I only fell behind with the payments as lost my job.

Do you think the judge will order the car to be returned?

• 1 year later...