• Tweets

• Good evening folks, i have my hearing tomorrow at 3pm. I have never been to court for a civil matter, what is likely to happen  and what do i need to do?  I plan on going straight from work, i finish at 2pm, it will take about half an hour to get there, does that sound ok? I called the court late this afternoon, sadly i was too late in the day and the office was closed.  
    • This is kind of related but does anyone know since I have this ban from entering UAE because of my loan, can I visit Qatar? 
    • Thank you for that i thought id just ask as i was unsure.  Just hope its returned to me and doesnt spend the rest of its life going back and forth to Singapore  
    • Thanks @lolerz. I've attached it to the post. What do you think? What's the organ grinder? NTK.pdf
    • I'm afraid that if the value of the item was under declared then that is probably the best that you can hope for. Also, because the item was incorrectly addressed – even by a single letter, if that because the issue relating to the delivery then that has probably compounded the problem. There is probably very little that can be done. If you are lucky you will get the item back and then you can start again and declare it properly. Undervaluing parcels which are sent by any means is always going to cause a problem if the item is lost or damaged. It may mean that the cost of delivery is slightly less – but at the end of the day the risk becomes yours. When you enter into any kind of contract, effectively you declare it a level of risk to your contracting partner – and they decide to enter into the contract with you based on that level of risk. You have declared a level of risk and £50 – and that's the deal.   Additionally, undervaluing an item which is an internationally has the effect also of evading customs and any VAT system which is in force in that country – and that makes the whole thing a little bit more serious
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

can't cancel ppi without new loan pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I hope someone can help as i'm not really to sure on what I need to do! I have a loan with Yorkshire Bank which was taken out in nov 05 and I feel I was mis sold the ppi as i've reallised as I only work part time i'm not covered should anything happen. I recently wrote to Yorkshire Bank to cancel the cover and they sent me a new loan agreement out saying that to cancel the policy I would need to take out a new loan but I don't want to do this.

Is there anyway I can cancel the ppi and also claim back the money due to it being missold?

Hi all,

I hope someone can help as i'm not really to sure on what I need to do! I have a loan with Yorkshire Bank which was taken out in nov 05 and I feel I was mis sold the ppi as i've reallised as I only work part time i'm not covered should anything happen. I recently wrote to Yorkshire Bank to cancel the cover and they sent me a new loan agreement out saying that to cancel the policy I would need to take out a new loan but I don't want to do this.

Is there anyway I can cancel the ppi and also claim back the money due to it being missold?

Tell them you do not have to take out a new loan they must cancel the PPI on your request refund the rebate of the PPI to offset what is still owed on the loan and reduce you premiums accordingly.

If you have a copy of your original Consumer Credit Agreement it should show the details of the PPI and the monthly PPI payments.

If you do not have a copy of your CCA then you can request one from them by submitting a Subject Access Request with a statutory fee of £10.00.

Template letters here...Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

and here...Full SAR for ppi

and you should ask for this information in particular:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and wants/ customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by Yorkshire Bank staff in their dealings with you.

Tell them any failure to comply will result in a very serious formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service with copies to the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading.

Make sure though you still have PPI cover for any outstanding amount on your loan. You can do a google on Money Saving Expert and get reasonable quotes on the insurance links on that site.

aa

Edited by alanalana

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have got a copy of the orginal agreement but i'm not sure what I need to work out, I had a loan with Yorkshire Bank which had the ppi on and then I increased the loan for a larger amount, so the old loan with the ppi was closed and then the new one started so do I just use the figures from the new loan?

I have got a copy of the orginal agreement but i'm not sure what I need to work out, I had a loan with Yorkshire Bank which had the ppi on and then I increased the loan for a larger amount, so the old loan with the ppi was closed and then the new one started so do I just use the figures from the new loan?

You will need to check out your statements on the old loan to ensure you obtained a rebate on the PPI when you refinanced to the new loan. If you received a rebate but there is now PPI on the new loan then what you should be doing is finding a cheaper PPI alternative there are many available and moneysavingexpert Martin Lewis has links if you google his site.

Once you are happy you have cover (I am assuming here your employer does not give adequate cover??) then cancel the PPI on the new loan and reclaim all the monthly PPI payments made on both loans including the interest and add on 8% statutory interest from the dates the loans started until you accept a refund settlement.

If in doubt give the FOS a call links to the FOS and much more in here...

links

hope this clarifies things PPI is a complicated business especially trying to get your money back but keep at it:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

hi all, I have sent a sar request including all the above points but i'm a bit confussed as to the response I have recieved back. They have sent me some information but have said I must provide all the account numbers etc before they will issue any more info.

What they have sent me isn't really a lot! From what they've seent it doesn't look like any of the ppi was refunded when the new loan was taken out but they haven't provided any statements but it has got on the new agreeement "loan to repay existing debts" so I think this was the balance from the old loan?? How can I find out more info as I really want to cancel the ppi? Any help would be grateful i feel a bit like i'm over my head!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have re-read and re-read the info they have sent from my sar, and i think i've got it a bit clearer??? They are saying unless i provide all acount numbers which i haven't got they wont send the info.

As i really just want to cancel this ppi and get any money refunded would rather carry on with that but not sure how i go abount it can anyone suggest a good starting point pls????

hi all, I have sent a sar request including all the above points but i'm a bit confussed as to the response I have recieved back. They have sent me some information but have said I must provide all the account numbers etc before they will issue any more info.

What they have sent me isn't really a lot! From what they've seent it doesn't look like any of the ppi was refunded when the new loan was taken out but they haven't provided any statements but it has got on the new agreeement "loan to repay existing debts" so I think this was the balance from the old loan?? How can I find out more info as I really want to cancel the ppi? Any help would be grateful i feel a bit like i'm over my head!!!!!

Yet another ploy by a bank that allegedly wants to keep hold of money gained from mis-selling ppi.

Firstly how did you repay the loan payments on the loans?

The loans were with Yorkshire bank I assume you paid them by direct debit?

It appears you have had a loan and then refinanced at a later date to a new loan.

The first had PPI but the second one didn't?

am I right so far?

My point here is if you were paying yorkshire bank loans from another yorkshire account then the account details could be traced through the account you paid the loans from.

You can send them a letter of non compliance if you feel you have not been provided with all the information you are entitled to as a data subject.

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

aa

Edited by alanalana
link added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Kind of right, the loans were paid by dd from a yorkshire bank account but I had re-financed the loan a few times for higher amounts each time and each time kept the ppi. I'm a bit confussed by it all and not really sure what to do next. I have now found the other 2 loan account numbers so should I request the details again but will I have to pay again too?

Ok now you have the account numbers, write back and state as per your letter requesting account numbers here they are now supply the data as requested in my original SAR.

Incidentally if you were paying the refinanced loans from a yorkshire current account they should be aware of where the direct debits were being paid and which account numbers they were being paid into.

No because they have requested the other account numbers you will not have to pay. It is a £10 fee for all the data they hold on you as a data subject and will cover 1 account or 20 accounts.

This will hopefully assist you.

For legal issues relating to Data Protection check this link...Lots of very useful info in understandable terms.

Data Protection | OUT-LAW.COM

it includes the following and much much more

Negotiating with the Data Subject (This should be important to Banks)

At this stage, it is advisable to negotiate with the data subject. The location information the data subject will have already given will give a clue as to what it is the data subject really wants to have information about. The benefit of the Data Protection Act 1998 is that it allows data controllers to negotiate with data subjects to get the data subject to specify the exact information he or she wishes to receive.

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

However, if the data subject is adamant that he or she wishes to receive a copy of everything the data controller holds on him or her, then there is very little the data controller can do about this, and a completely exhaustive search of the computerised and manually held data in the organisation will be required. (nice to know what you see in the Act is what you get)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks will re-send the letter with account numbers. what am I looking for when this info comes? Should the ppi have been refunded for each loan when it was re-financed and then started again?

Thanks will re-send the letter with account numbers. what am I looking for when this info comes? Should the ppi have been refunded for each loan when it was re-financed and then started again?

What should have happened is you take out a loan with PPI attached. The PPI is attached however that happened is the case for reclaiming that it was mis-sold.

Loan 1 is refinanced by loan 2 so you get a rebate on paying off loan 1 early and the rebate is on the loan figure and also the PPI figure but the rebate is pro rata so you do not get the best deal (The banks win on this refinance) WHY ? because ...

Loan 2 is taken out probably for more than loan 1 and yes more than likely with PPI added which will no doubt be for more than loan 1 and to allow you to make the increased payments you reduce the monthly payments by taking the loan over a longer period thereby paying more interest to the bank not only on the loan amount but also the PPI premiums...You struggle to keep up payment because circumstances change and the next thing you know you are onto...

Loan 3 and so it goes on until you are in debt to the max with PPI on each loan struggling to keep up with the payments. The banks keep you on the hook for as long as they can but the PPI added onto the loans is the issue as you can get cheaper insurance elsewhere and the banks know this. Now the Competition Commissioners Office are aware and have banned the addition of PPI to any loan at the point of the agreement.

Final result of the Competition Commission inquiry

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/2009/542ppi.htm

it is all in here.

keep posting;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

I have now sent a complaint letter asking for the ppi money refunded and the reason why I feel the ppi was mis-sold and I have recieved a questionnaire back to fill in asking why it was mis-sold etc but they have only given me 10 days to fill it in and get it back. Is this a good sign, is this what normally happens?

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I filled the questionnaire in and sent it back recorded deliv before the 10 days, I then got another questionnarie so I phoned up to say I'd filled this in and already sent it back and told the unhelpful person on the phone the date they recieved it, or was at least signed for.

I then got another letter to say they HAD now got my questionnaire and I would have a reply within 3 weeks but it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and still nothing, do you think I should write another letter, is this a ploy to waste more time? Is there anything else I can do other than write another letter? Can I report them to the financial obmudsman for example?

Hi all,

I filled the questionnaire in and sent it back recorded deliv before the 10 days, I then got another questionnarie so I phoned up to say I'd filled this in and already sent it back and told the unhelpful person on the phone the date they recieved it, or was at least signed for.

I then got another letter to say they HAD now got my questionnaire and I would have a reply within 3 weeks but it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and still nothing, do you think I should write another letter, is this a ploy to waste more time? Is there anything else I can do other than write another letter? Can I report them to the financial obmudsman for example?

hello lindseyb,

firstly is this also tied into this one?

subscribed.gifmis sold ppi form closed account

lindseyb

If so I can merge the threads to make them easier to follow, it also helps other caggers to follow and advise.

You can submit a report to the Financial Ombudsman Service if they do not respond within 8 calendar weeks or give you a final response saying NO within the 8 weeks.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

No it is mine but they are 2 seperate loans with ppi and the situations are slightly different. 1 of the loans has kept being re-financed with new ppi's being added ect and the other one is a loan which has been paid and closed for a number of years.

No it is mine but they are 2 seperate loans with ppi and the situations are slightly different. 1 of the loans has kept being re-financed with new ppi's being added ect and the other one is a loan which has been paid and closed for a number of years.

Oki now that that's clear you have two threads still :D

Good luck on both of them ;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a response back from the bank which is rather poor, they have concluded that the sales person who did the loan at the time was regarded as a competent to sell the ppi and that I signed the documentation, agreeing to the ppi and I was issued with documents explaining the ppi, but they have said that because they have no verbal evidence that at the time, that i was advised of the terms of the refund of the ppi in the event of early cancellation they are going to offer a payment of £432.66 which is the amount remaining of the rest of the loan. So they have sent out a new loan document as this amount will be taken off the remaining loan re-payments!

Now I feel this is a cope out and they have admitted guilt on 1 thing but then are saying stuff you on the other!!!! I'm not happy to accept this but not sure what to send back to them? They have put that this is their final response on the matter so do I write saying i'm not happy to the bank then contact the FOS? PLs help

• 2 weeks later...
I've had a response back from the bank which is rather poor, they have concluded that the sales person who did the loan at the time was regarded as a competent to sell the ppi and that I signed the documentation, agreeing to the ppi and I was issued with documents explaining the ppi, but they have said that because they have no verbal evidence that at the time, that i was advised of the terms of the refund of the ppi in the event of early cancellation they are going to offer a payment of £432.66 which is the amount remaining of the rest of the loan. So they have sent out a new loan document as this amount will be taken off the remaining loan re-payments!

Now I feel this is a cope out and they have admitted guilt on 1 thing but then are saying stuff you on the other!!!! I'm not happy to accept this but not sure what to send back to them? They have put that this is their final response on the matter so do I write saying i'm not happy to the bank then contact the FOS? PLs help

You should complain to the FOS send them copies of the letters and it will take a while but you will I am sure get a better result if you do this. The FOS contacts are in the stickies at the top of this forum.

As you say it appears to be a cop out. If you go to the FOS it will cost the bank £500 as a fee for the FOS to deal with the complaint as a starter.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from