CCA 1974 - 12 and 30 Day Ruling ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - please can someone asssit and clarify what happens if a credit card company does not reply after 12 days followed by the further 30 day ruling ? Does this mean I can write and inform the credit card company that the account is in dispute ? Ultimately, is it then possible rule that the account is unenforceable until they produce the correct documentation ?

Thanks in advance

MIchael

Basically, the 30 day rule was removed with the inclusion of CPUTR regulations April 2008, (Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations) so as I understand it, if this is a request for a CCA post April 2008, they have to comply within the twelve working days, (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays). After that the account is in dispute, I am sure one of the experts will link/post up the letter to send, but once the twelve days have passed, you do not have to pay anything, or talk to them until they produce.

Hope this helps, and I am sure the experten will guide you better than I

Thanks for your response - neither of the credit card companies (EGG and MBNA) I have wrote to have replied. Both of the agreements are about 7 years old - are you saying then that the 30 day rule no longer applies ?

Thanks again

Your help is appreciated - in addition if I respond with an "Account in dispute" letter and do continue to pay, can the credit card company register a default against my name with the credit agencies ??? Apologies for the questions, i want to ensure I get this correct.

Thanks in advance

Michael