Warning to all-bank charge scam-strange way to get work.

Tawnyowl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello may i say this may have been mentioned before, if its in the wrong place and worth mentioning perhaps one of the wise ones will move it.This is something i was involved in and was there from start to finish.I will tell you exactly what happened.Maybe this is targeted at the elderly i dont know.I was at a ice rink at 5-30 am -my children were training and i was nice and relaxed freezing my xxx off sitting on a comfortable chair and talking to a lady who had worked for the insolvency service-quite relevant as i had just gone bankrupt.She was a pensioner.We talked about this and that for a time and then something she said made me sense something wasnt quite right.Perhaps coming on here for the last 2.5 years makes you suspicous.This is the story without mentioning names.She said i had a phone call yesterday afternoon from the head office of my bank saying would you like your bank charges back.They knew my name address-(can you feel the confidence building)asked the usual what is your date of birth which i gave-mmm (confidence building) then said they would get them back within 42 days.Now i had a charge over 6 years ago but thought id paid it back the next day.By this time they had passed her to two different people(somebodys hooked i feel) who said we will send you a pack out next Tuesday but we need your card details as there is a 50 pound charge.By this time she had full confidence in them and after this time talking gave it them(i know but the elderly still trust)Now i knew this lady had had heart problems so slowly asked her over a period of 15 minutes if she would come downstairs with me and phone her bank which she agreed to.She said what shall i say so i wrote a few notes.The bank on hearing this immediatly stopped all her cards and told her about the test case and said it was a [problem].Also 200 people had allready been hit.Well my worry as well is when the banks lose finally (if theres any justice left in the world) this could become bigger.She is now waiting for her new card and can still get money by taking her passport-id in to the bank.In case any of you are wondering about the work thing.She told a friend who phoned me and gave me a weeks work.I seem to be having some strange days lately.Akind of its been a funny kind of day.Trouble is they are getting more regular.Tawnyowl.

• 1 month later...

Theres a few threads on MSE about them [causing problems] people. £14.25 insurance charge for holiday type thing ?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf