Legal Advice Required - Wrong Price Stated On Site

Uzzy83

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi a few months ago i was on a website and they made a mistake on their price for £50 vouchers, they had it down for £10. So i bought 100 of them.

I received them right away via email. I used some of them but the next day they phoned me up saying they had made a mistake with the price and that they were going to refund me. Unhappy about it, i just said right fine and hung up. But the vouchers still worked. So i carried on using them. Once i had used them, i was some how able to use them again. In my defence on their site, it didnt state that you could only use them once. So i had nearly used all of them when the website clickde on. So they stopped accepting the vouchers.

So just the other day I received an email from the website owner, demanding that I pay him back for the items purchased. I need to know the legal side of this? was what I done illegal? Can the website owner have me taken to court? Do I need to pay the company back or just pay back the cost of the vouchers at £10 each?

Please help!

Hi

I can't think of the correct legal phrase, but "obtaining goods, money or services by deception" springs to mind.

Or Theft

Whatever it is, you were very naughty.

Are you an MP? If you are you'll probably get away with it.

Hammy :)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek: