ScotCall Debt Collection for BT?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In may 2008 I moved out of a rented house and purchased my own house, at that time I phoned up BT and told them I was moving and cancelled my phone account.

I paid the last bill and moved to the new house where I opened up a new phone account.... no problems.

We don;t normally recieve any old post from the old house as the tenants who were living there have simply said "we've given it back to the postman" on the two occasions we've asked. (my partners contact lenses had gone missing in the post).

Anyway those tenants moved out and the landlord with whom I was quite friendly has passed on a handful of letters he found.

One of these letters is dated 7th May 2009 and is from ScotCall saying o owe £57.56 and the creditor is listed as: CCS/BRITISH TELECOM 109.

Having not lived at the address for over 12 months now I was surprised at this and having read some info on here I hesitated before contacting ScotCall. Instead I have contacted BT and they have confirmed I owe nothing for the telephone accounds I have had in my last 3 houses! I did ask if BT could post me confirmation of this on paper but the polite indian lady on the phone declined but gave me the dates and amounts of the last two payments I made which closed off the account. These were £22.76 and £20.67 made on 30th May 08 and 26th June 08.

I will not phone ScotCall as I believe this is a bad idea? I would like to write to them and ask for a copy of the credit agreement but I am wary about writing a letter and putting my NEW address on it since I have only got this letter by forwarded mail.

I could send it with the old address but as I very rarely get any mail passed onto me from there I might never get their response.

Should I reply with my new address or should I simply ignore the letter altogether?

Thanks..

Mike...

Have a look at your credit file for free here

You only need to put in your card details to verify your ID, if you don't want to, they will post you a password so you can check.

If there is no entry on your credit file, I would just ignore the letters. You had confirmation from BT over the phone, hopefully you would have taken the name of the person you spoke too, and made a note of any necessary details?

Other than that let sleeping dogs lie:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BT are obliged to give you written confirmation that you owe them nothing on request. Get back on to them and speak to a manager advising that you will make complaints to TS, OFT, your MP etc. if they don't provide you with this information. It's up to BT and snotcall to prove you owe anything not the other way around!

Have a look at your credit file for free here

You only need to put in your card details to verify your ID, if you don't want to, they will post you a password so you can check.

If there is no entry on your credit file, I would just ignore the letters. You had confirmation from BT over the phone, hopefully you would have taken the name of the person you spoke too, and made a note of any necessary details?

Other than that let sleeping dogs lie:D

DO NOT CHECK YOUR CREDIT FILE UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE DEALT WITH THIS AS EVEN THAT SITE WOULD HAVE YOUR CARD DETAILS AND/OR ADDRESS, WHY DO THINK IT'S FREE!!!

DO NOT CHECK YOUR CREDIT FILE UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE DEALT WITH THIS AS EVEN THAT SITE WOULD HAVE YOUR CARD DETAILS AND/OR ADDRESS, WHY DO THINK IT'S FREE!!!

:???::???:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I will call BT again and demand a paper copy showing my account is clear. I am still unsure what is the best tack to take once I get this though... perhaps send it to them with the old address and just hope that will be the end of the matter.

Anyone offering a free credit check is only doing it to gather your info ;)

AHA!! Sneaky Sneaky:cool: