Capricorn v Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the options?

start again with a cca request, prove it, and also request proof re the assignment? see what they come back with.

or, ignore?

or, write saying was in dispute with loyds re such and such, please clarify your position, provide proof of involvement etc?

or?

Edited by Ford

• 2 months later...
Goodness, what's happened here?

Sorry you've been ignored Ford!

Now getting threatening letters from Lowells so will have to re-visit the file and refresh the situation.

no worries :)

beware with lowells and their bw legal as they seem to be trigger happy with statutory demands!

Edited by Ford

Goodness, what's happened here?

Sorry you've been ignored Ford!

Now getting threatening letters from Lowells so will have to re-visit the file and refresh the situation.

In what way threatening Dotty?

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi Caps, nothing I'm overly concerned about at the moment, just the usual pay up or else letters, mentioning all the things that they can do etc.

All I've done is sent the standard CCA request to see what they come up with, bearing in mind that Lloyds have been looking for it for about three years! :roll:

And with the new split between Lloyds and TSB it may not have improved their efficiency and filing techniques that they were so good at LOL

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Caps,

How are things going here?

I've not been able to update due to OH having an accident (ok now) but he did get an SD!

It was put through our letterbox in a hand written envelope!

I am getting professional assistance as I didn't want to risk the consequences but I will update any news as soon as I hear more.

lowells? as expected, its their m.o. that they have actually been told off in court for using, but they still do it! there is now a sticky thread re them and SD in legal forum. good luck dotty, hope you/your legals give them what for.

Edited by Ford

Thank Ford, I was going to comment on the thread that you linked above but it's been closed! :???:

I have been reading some of the others.

I have also read elsewhere that Lowells are backing down very quickly in some cases!

Dotty, yes.. Lowells do tend to reverse course if they are advised an application to set aside is being submitted.. especially if there is non compliance of s78 request or there is an unresolved dispute with the original creditor they were made aware of.

The thread is closed because it is information only. We have discovered from experience, that new members tend not to start a thread, but tack on to those in existence which simply makes work having to move them into a thread of their own. If anyone has something that they feel should be added for the benefit of everyone, then just let site team know and they can include. Other than that, we would prefer people to start a thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Dotty, Did they ever get back to you re CCA request? Surely they cant SD you whilst this is outstanding? I'll PM you with my update

thats the issue. they 'can' issue an sd, and so do so gung ho, despite it not being appropriate to do so. i hope the oft are looking into their antics.

one other thing, when they lose in court and get 'told off' re making a spurious sd, i bet that their legals in court don't report back to lowells about that!

anyway, good luck on yours capricorn. no doubt you will prob also get one soon.

Edited by Ford

Oh dear Ford. I can really understand why folks have drifted away from this site with comments like that above. Once this site offered support where folks needed it. It has gone down hill.

thats the issue. they 'can', and so do so gung ho, despite it not being appropriate to do so. i hope the oft are looking into their antics.

one other thing, when they lose in court and get 'told off' re making a spurious sd, i bet that their legals in court don't report back to lowells about that!

anyway, good luck on yours capricorn. no doubt you will prob also get one soon.

I very much doubt it. You dont know the facts of my case, as I dont update my thread, for reasons I have shared with you. I think you should be very careful before making comments like the ones above. You dont know how it makes me feel. I used to come to this forum for support from people going through similar circumstances. I really dont need comments like the one above. I am all too well aware of Lowells MO. So far I have handled this on my own. I dont need reasons to become depressed Ford. Clearly this Forum isnt what it used to be, with its negativity and poor advice.

seems like you 'very much' have misinterpreted, and taken things personally.

it was re lowells' 'gung ho' use of sd's, that needs to be addressed. and despite them being 'told off' in court they still continue with their antics. and hopefully the oft will intervene.

you're not updating your thread (understandably), so i was wishing you well with it. i don't know what you do or do not know, you're not posting up! just saying (in criticism of lowells) that given lowells use of sd's, the chances are that you might get one also (like anyone else who is 'with' lowells, in no payment plan, might)! no 'poor advice' or negativity there! in fact, no advice at all! just facts and reality. forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

ps if you feel that there has been 'poor advice' going around for awhile, including any of mine, then why don't you post up and correct it? contrary to what you say, i have found this forum to be v informative and helpful. and the advice/posts given by people who take time to do so, to be v helpful.

adieu

Edited by Ford