Capricorn v Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all

Just started a new journey, this time with LLoyds. My card was taken out in 1996. Sent my CCA request out on Friday. Can anyone share their experiences of dealing with this institution with me please.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

No response from anyone on the board, or LLoyds for that matter. Is this normal from an institution whom I was told would probably have the original paperwork as they are very efficient. This is the 13th day.

What should I do now?

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Not sent anything yet as only just entered default with not providing paperwork requested. I will give them until the end of the week then send an In Dispute letter.

Hehe

Thought what the hell, might as well CCA them all, in for a penny in for a pound!!!

My OH was put at risk of redundancy recently and realised I had nothing to loose, and was only putting off sending them the request. The card is really old (back from 1996).

How many do you have on the go now?

hi good luck i have 5 on the go there's a another cagger who's got 11 on the go what the hell i never want credit again so i don't care if they write bad things about me

Edited by shakti

I have 4 now and am waiting until I feel more secure before I take on number 5 which will be M&S!!!! That one should be fun as it was taken out early to mid nineties as a chargecard.

Capricorn,

You have started a very long journey, my experience with them is, "sorry due to high volume it will take us a while to find it" in the meantime BLS started chasing and then SCM (inhouse solicitors) got involved who wouldn't take no for an answer and then decided oh what the hell let's issue court proceedings. This has happened to me and others on here.

Even though no agreement has been provided they still go ahead in the hope that you wont defend.

Good luck

HH

Has anyone ever reported them to the FOS for investigation? I think I might try that avenue.

I have, it was a complete waste of time as the FOS will not get into any sort of legal argument and Lloyds don't seem to want to take it to court.

I CCA'ed them last March and my latest battle with them is to try to get them to comply with my SAR....I was contemplating a complaint to the information commissioner but I think it would be a waste of time....still, they haven't sent any new lowlife DCA's after me for a while:)

Lloyds are a tough nut to crack...I have seen off four others though:-D

Lloyds have dragged their feet on a PPI case with me for months - i reported misselling to them in Jan 09 - they delayed and were non resonsive until May 09 when they accepted liability on condition it was paid off my loan account I disputed this under multiple agreements rules etc and they again were non-responsive until today when they finally agreed to a full refund of money + interest and a gesture of goodwill (it's not compensation apparently)

So it takes a while but if you stick with and keep hounding them sometimes they back down :0)

I have 4 now and am waiting until I feel more secure before I take on number 5 which will be M&S!!!! That one should be fun as it was taken out early to mid nineties as a chargecard.

capricorn you maybe home and dry with this one hope so anyway iread alot of the chargecard one's don't have cca's they were just converted to credit card

good luck shakti

Lloyds have dragged their feet on a PPI case with me for months - i reported misselling to them in Jan 09 - they delayed and were non resonsive until May 09 when they accepted liability on condition it was paid off my loan account I disputed this under multiple agreements rules etc and they again were non-responsive until today when they finally agreed to a full refund of money + interest and a gesture of goodwill (it's not compensation apparently)

So it takes a while but if you stick with and keep hounding them sometimes they back down :0)

Well done andie

No updates other than to say, I've received nothing from them still. Sent out my In Dispute letter today.

And it occurred to me, although I might be having a blonde moment and have done this without thinking, I dont think I have received a statement from this month.

Statement just arrived. I knew I hadnt seen one this month. Prepared on 10th June??? only received 24th June. Surely that is out of order to have to wait 14 days after a statement has been prepared!!!! Not sure if I am going to pay it as the account is now in dispute.

had my first sorry you had to complain letter today. Made me chuckle. "Because of the issues you have raised, it may take a little time to gather all of the information together, but we will respond to you within 28 days".

I was wondering whether I should pay them this month, but as I now have confirmation that they have received my in dispute letter, and also my statement took 14 days from production to arrive with me, I have thought better of it. The money is better kept in my pocket. I could really do with it as I am due to go on holiday in 10 days.

Edited by Capricorn1601

hmmmm

I think I must have back to front correspondance from Lloyds

just received this tonight:

Thank you for your letter dated 23rd June.

I'm (ooophs very bad etiquette for a formal letter!!) sorry for the delay in responding to your request for documentation under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Unfortunately, we have recently received a high volume of such requests, (do I really need to know this and is this really my problem?) but I can assure you that we will respond shortly to your request. (You should have already done this by now as the account is in dispute) I hope this fully answers the points you raised with us. (you haven't answered anything so how can it answer my points.... idiot) Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

If we cannot come to an agreement. (somehow I doubt that unless you are going to give into my female dominance and admit you dont have the necessary paperwork to enforce the outstanding debt) I will provide you with the details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently. (Dont bother I already know them and have notified them to your lack of response already)

As long as you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is not need for you to reply to my letter.(You havent dealt with it pea brain and unless I get something solid from you then I wont even put my spit on a stamp to you) If I have not heard from you by 26 August 2008 I will close my file, although I will re-open it if you come back at any point afterwards. (too right you will, especially when you find out I've stopped paying you!!! :))

Unbelievable the nonsense that gets sent out! Do you think they actually look at these letters before sending them or they just get generated by computer with no one checking the content? Wouldn't put my name to half the rubbish I receive.