quick question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok i know all my threads are entitled quick question and are ussually anything but.... this one is quick tho

sister in law works part time in a restaraunt, she ussually works 5 days a week set by managment as any days of the week ussually doing around 40 hours plus.

she booked some paid holliday a couple of months ago which is due in the next two weeks, its basicly two days off

they have now rotated her shift so that the 5 days a week she works are the days that she is NOT due off so they are her normal leave days

as she booked this as paid holliday should she still get paid for these days, if management should pay her for these days and dont is there any way to complain

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Personally I'd ask that the holiday request be cancelled with a view to taking different days off at her pleasure. If she knows when she wants future time off then make that claim at the same time.

That said, for me it's about not being at work, not about the money.

I wonder why they changed the shift round so suddenly?

its not exactly a sudden change its always been random days of the week that she works determined a week in advance.

she doesnt think she minds about it being done this way she just doesnt want to loose two days of paid holliday

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

just to clarify

as she had booked these days off as paid holliday should she be paid for them, or should she get the days back as unused time

Please note:

I would think that if she booked those days as paid holiday days and then the shifts were organised so that she wasn't working on those days anyway, those 2 days should be added back onto her holiday allowance, as she essentially isn't using the holiday days anymore. Can she not just ask her manager etc how this should work? Or does she think they are deliberately trying to cheat her out of the holiday days/money?