Half way through and going abroad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but if not, perhaps one of the site team can allocate correctly.

I am part way through a CCA challenge process.

I have sent out all the usual letters and received the normal replies. I have issued default notices to 5 of 6 alleged creditors.

I have issued 3 SARs and received 2 replies to date, the third is still within the 40 days.

I understand the merits of DIY and an happy to continue on this route.

I have recently been made redundant so have the necessary motivation - more details on the above available if required.

My employer has now approached me with a proposal. My UK position has been determined redundant but a proposal has been made for me to go contract in overseas facilities. This will involve me working for significant periods overseas - initially, Brunei has been suggested although other places are also available.

My problem is that I will be away for months at a time, my post will still be delivered to my home, which I will rent out, whilst I live in hotels or on board ships.

As I see it, I have 3 options:

Give up for now, pay the arrears and restart once I am in a more stable position.

Carry on and risk a CCJ and attachment in my absence - I know this could be overcome but it is a long and expensive process.

Pass the matters over to a third party. I have read extensively of the merits of DIY and the risks associated with CMCs.

I don't really want to give up, I don't really want to pass this over to a CMC but I'm not sure which is the best route to go and if there are decent CMCs to use - I also don't have the time to do the research necessary.

Anyone got any advice - I need to move fairly quickly.

Thanks

How soon does your employer want/expect you to jet off?

Within 1 month, possibly less. We are still negotiating but I get the impression that its Hobson's choice. Work overseas or not work at all. Financially, I have to go and I'm pretty sure they know this.

I think I will be pressured to travel sooner rather than later. I know the projects involved as I have worked on them in the past - from the UK.