Rbos Cc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has a CC with the RBOS and recently due to ill health, I had to take some time from work. Because of this, we fell into arrears with a few of our debts and thus began a monthly struggle to pay bills, we would be paid in the last day of the month, the 1st of the month we would be broke.

So we contacted the people we owed money too and came to some arangements, in that intrest was either reduced or frozen for a period of time. Most agreed to this as they were told the wife was due to start a new job paying more money and once I was back to work and we were back on our feet again, we would go back to paying what we paid before

Not with the RBOS, they have continued to add intrest to the balance to her CC, despite calling them numerous times to make some kind of arrangment to pay, they are just flatly refusing to enter into any dialogue over this. They said they dont do this and that the only option for her was to seek out a debt management service, if not then the full payments were going to be due as and when the monthly bills arrived.

Its getting to the point they ring most days and when the wife speaks to them, they are wanting the full arrears ( which are mostly added interest and missed payment charges) We pay what we can at the minute but it seems pointless as the amount we pay is not even covering the added interest or as we are not paying the full monthly payment, the incurred late payment charges.

Any advice on what course of action we can do with these people. ?

Hi, Ena.

How old is the card ?

You could always re-claim all the charges on the account.

If you need a hand, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, Ena.

How old is the card ?

You could always re-claim all the charges on the account.

If you need a hand, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure as to how old it is, will check but I think its at least 5 years old, maybe older.

Hi,

You could always CCA them, which would put the account into dispute if they do not come up with your agreement within 14 days, they would then have to stop adding any more charges or Interest.

Letter 'N' in the library is the CCA request...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send it recorded, with a £1.00 postal order and don't sign it.

See what they come back with, if they do have an enforceable agreement, re-claim any charges.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert