BankFodder BankFodder

Trudy B

Barclays Bank Account Products

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3765 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone

I wonder if you can offer me some assistance

I am helping my parents reclaim their bank charges.

Remember the TV programme exposing the banks, BBC I think, where they had a reporter working in a Barclays Branch showing staff selling completely inappropriate and unsuitable products to people just to hit their sales targets? …. Well guess which branch my parents have banked for the last 30 years!

I don’t have a current account with Barclays so I am not familiar with their products – my parents are in their 60’s and completely clueless coming from a generation where you trusted your bank! Oh dear oh dear!

Therefore can someone please enlighten me as to what the following items on their statements represent :-

1) Barclays ACP-CVR– a regular payment thing, no idea at all what it is and whatthey are paying for

2) Account Fee – a regular payment thing that seems to have started at about £7.50 and keeps going up and up year on year ... why would they pay an account fee, their income is minimal and they are very basic people

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

T :)

Hi Trudy,

1. Contact Cust'r Svs or go into the branch to get an answer on this.

2. Is this the infamous Additions Fee. If so and your parents didn't ask for or agree to this, write a letter of complaint and seek a refund of all such charges. This may be complicated if YP's have taken advantage of any of the benefits which the Additions a/c offers, eg overdraft facilities, etc.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick, appreciated

From what I have here it looks like they have sold my poor trusting parents any old tat going including PPI that neither of them would ever have been able to have claimed on due to pre-existing medical conditions

I am therefore on a mission to get eveything back, PPI, Bank charges, the lot!

Trudy

how are you and how have you got on with this reclaiming?

it does look like an account fee for the additions range,,,, oh dear ppi too, let us know how you are getting on

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Angel

Quick update - progress has been made!

The fight is still on for the additions charges but we won the PPI - Hooray! Full refund for umpteen years being refunded plus interest.

Please everyone, don't give up and most certainly don't let them fob you off with clap trap!

Best wishes

Hi Trudy,

Well done with the PPI. :D

Keep us posted re Additions.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)