E.ON and 3rd party debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm just trying to get clear in my head what E.ON is threatning in a recent letter to me.

We have arrears, had trouble paying them, they rejected my offer so I agreed to their inflated version thinking I'd find a way to afford it but I can't any longer. I can afford my original offer that they rejected so that is what I now pay regardless.

They've said they'll go to court to have a meter forcefully installed. At first I didn't like the idea, but fair's fair and it's the only way I'm going to get sorted so I've said no need for court you can put one in and in the mean time I've continued paying what I can afford (below what I agreed too originaly)

They've now sent a letter saying that because I haven't kept to my agreement of a payment plan if I don't pay in full then they'll involve a 3rd party debt collector.

I understand the process of going to court to have an order placed on you to have access for a meter to be installed. But what's this about debt collectors? Are they suggesting they'll cut the supply and pass the outstanding debt to a collector leaving me with no electric and a huge debt?

I've already said yes to a meter and paying what I can afford untill they install it so I don't see the need for this recent letter and I don't understand it?

Can anyone help guide me on what their intentions are as I thought I'd done everything as best I could?

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

They will continue with the letters until the prepayment meter has been installed. Best to ask them to install it before they take you to court to obtain a warrant as they will add charges.

But I have already said yes to them installing it, I've got no problems with a meter. I just don't understand in what why 3rd party debt collectors come into it?

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

Have you booked an appointment for the installation? Could just be correspondence crossed over in the post. I had my prepayment meter installed with Eon on the 21st May, but only received the letter confirming my appointment yesterday....er, its in already!

• 2 months later...

Bit of an old post I'm dragging up, but just to give an update if it helps anyone else in the same situation.

It turned out it was crossed wires on their part as I put my agreement of a pre pay meter in a letter and so before it was acted on we were getting the threat letters.

Anyway, meter went in. £10 credit provided for us on it to get us started. £3 per week charge towards our debt and in total we're putting £10 a week on and still having around £3 left from it so the meter is always well in credit.

No more threat letters, far more energy efficent now, no appliance or light (except fridge/freezer) ever left on when it's not being used and so the meter suits us down to the ground, I know in some cases pre pay meters can be expensive and in some cases a stigma may still be attatched, but I'd say get one as certainly for us it's a great choice :)

Thats good news Happyfeet. Ive found the same, that I am more energy efficient than I was. They advised me that this time of year I would be putting about £15 to £20 a week on my meter based on my previous useage at this time of year, but im only putting on £20 a fortnight so far.