Central ticketing.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I recently received a letter from a company called Central Ticketing, giving a PO BOX address in Birmingham. They are persuing me for £85.00 for "Patron Parking Abuse" in a free car park at the Beach Retail Park in Aberdeen. The letter states that the sum must be paid before court action. As you can imagine, I am very destressed about this, as I am not aware of what I have done wrong.

On the date of the letter, I had popped into that carpark to briefly visit one of the shops, it was a Saturday morning and the carpark was empty. I wasn't in a disabled bay and I wasn't parking obstructively.

I remember once I arrived home I noticed a yellow parking slip at the passenger side of the windscreen, tucked in at the corner. I opened it and there was a tick in a box next to "Patron Abuse". There was no penalty sum indicated, nor a company name or contact address. Having shown this to my partner, we both came to the conclusion this was not a parking fine. I had one a few years ago from the council for parking on a single yellow line and the fine and contact details and period it had to be paid in were clearly stated on the £30 fine.

Nothing on the yellow slip indicated a fine.

Then 3 weeks later, I receive a letter requesting £85 before court action. I am still unaware of what I have done wrong.

We often visit Dunelm Mill, Pagazzi, Comet, Asda, JJB sport shop and never have either of us received this before.

I went back to visit the carpark after receiving this letter, as citizens advice requested I check if there is adequate signage. It's only when you see a sign with the company's crest (on the top of their letter) do you recognise the signs. Aside from that, the signs aren't clearly recogniseable that the carpark is attended by a company.

My plan is to write to the company - sending the letter recorded post, to the Birmingham address indicated and ask what I have done wrong.

If I don't get anywhere with that, I have been advised by a friend to contact my local MP to look into this matter.

This letter has really made us think again about shopping at the shops in the Aberdeen Beach Retail site in future.

Stop worrying. its a [problem], youhave done nothing wrong but I bet central ticketing have. For a start their letter that only shows a P.O. box is against regulations. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face Do NOT write to the PPC. by all means write to your MP. have a read around on here and be comforted.

Hi,

Thank you for both pieces of advice.

When i received the letter, i firstly called a family member who works in the Police. They said that often these cases dont go to court, but these companies can be pests; they can send sherriffs officer round and also they can affect your credit ratings too. But i havent done anything wrong. I found an article online regards the problems people are having at the beach.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1117872?UserKey=

Hi,

Thank you for both pieces of advice.

When i received the letter, i firstly called a family member who works in the Police. They said that often these cases dont go to court, but these companies can be pests; they can send sherriffs officer round and also they can affect your credit ratings too. But i havent done anything wrong. I found an article online regards the problems people are having at the beach.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1117872?UserKey=

I'm sorry to say your family member in the police is wrong on this point. Your credit rating can only be affected :-

1) IF they take you to court (chance = 0.001%)

2) WIN!! (chance = 0.000001%)

3) You refuse to pay the fine (why on earth would you refuse to pay at this stage?)

4) They go back to court for default judgement

5) Finally, and only now can the COURT instruct a bailiff (note the PPC does not/can not instruct bailiffs)

6) Your credit file ONLY NOW has a bad entry recorded on it

I occasionally shop down there and i've seen the "parking attendants" wandering around and wondered if they would have got anybody. As suggested, just ignore the ticket completely. Legally, they don't have a leg to stand on, despite what they claim.

Your MP will probably demonstrate a similar ignorance of the issues surrounding PPC tickets as your family member in the force.

Sad to say that this lack of understanding also affects the likes of Trading Standards, the very organisation charged with protecting your rights as a consumer. All people see is the words "parking ticket" and almost always equate it with those issued under the road traffic act, not understanding that the road traffic act is irrelevent on private land.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Hi,

I have been looking at Money Saving Expert and what his site says - he advises to contact them and dispute the fine - which was my initial intention, until i was advised by the people above to not contact them in any way.

Money Saving Expert talks alot about going to court.. and after reading the text, you start to think "wow, maybe i should just pay what they want".......

I cant believe how pedantic Central Ticketing are, for giving me a ticket for parking breifly in an empty car park... The thing that gets me too, is their name wasn't on the ticket, nor the discounted sum......... i drove back to the carpark in questions the morning after receiving the invoice/letter (3 weeks aftr the yellow ticket was issued), to check out whether ther are signs...... the signs are there but not noticeable........ they are on posts which are higher than my car...... I only recognised them by their crest on their letter sent to me.

Thing is i don't mind £30 for parking on single yellow lines, by the local council - that's justified. But a private - free - empty carpark...... you grudge getting slapped with £85.00 for 5 mins.

They way i see it now - better paying £2.20 to park in bon accord centre to nip to john lewis for household items.... probably be cheaper in the end.... as although pagazzi or dunelm and co are cheaper... add on the £85... and they will be more expensive!!

Im still in two minds, whether to follow Martins Lewis's advice and appeal.. or just ignore as the guys say above.

:???:

Edited by Honest Citizen

Martin Lewis is generally good, but his parking guide has some gaping errors. Citizens Advice are clueless - it's manned by part time WI women.

he advises to contact them and dispute the fine

1. It's not a fine. Private companies have no such powers - they, you and me can only recoup actual losses. Your actions have not cost anybody £30 (not to mention that 'patron abuse' means diddly squat). All you have is an unenforceable invoice.

2. This is a private company who will never do itself out of pocket by allowing 'appeals' - your 'appeal' will always be rejected. The mention of appeals is all part of the [problem]. They want you to contact them so you can weigh you up. The fact the person has fallen for the appeals [problem] shows they aren't clued up and will probably pay up if pestered enough. These people go on the hooked fish pile and get a higher priority with regard to quantity of letters.

I cant believe how pedantic Central Ticketing are, for giving me a ticket for parking breifly in an empty car park

It's more than pedantic. It's a [problem].

Money Saving Expert talks alot about going to court.

You've more chance of winning the lottery.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore the threatening junk that comes through your door

• they will give up and go away

We know Central Ticketing very well. Ignore the clowns -nothing will ever come of your comedy 'fine' and they will go away if you ignore. [problem] relies on people's fear and ignorance over these joke invoices - they will not be taking you to court.

better paying £2.20 to park in bon accord centre

Just remember that the Bon Accord Centre, as well as the Trinity Cnetre, Shiprow and College Street car parks, are all ran by [problem] merchants...Chapel Street, Gallowgate, West North Street (OPPOSITE Morrisons, not the Morrisons Car Park) and the ones just off East North Street (both sides) are ACC car parks in the centre.

Honest Citizen, I know it is very difficult to ignore this type of correspondence as it is designed to frighten a honest law abiding motorist into paying.

Look at the facts.You parked in a free car park and entered one of the shops.The PPC now want to charge you £85 for 'patron abuse'.

In the unlikely event of this going to court, not only would the judge throw the claim out, he may even suggest this was an act of fraud by the PPC.

With the facts you have given, you are absolutely safe in ignoring all future corrrespondence.

Post each letter you receive here so that we can all have a good laugh; and then eventually they will give up.

All people see is the words "parking ticket" and almost always equate it with those issued under the road traffic act, not understanding that the road traffic act is irrelevent on private land.

No 'parking tickets' are issued under the Road Traffic Act.

Decriminalised parking enforcement is under the auspices of the Traffic Management Act 2004.

Non-decriminalised enforcement is under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984

Wasn't that what Richard was gettiing at Pat?

I didn't think so. Richard's exact words were

always equate it with those issued under the road traffic act,

I was merely pointing out that no tickets are issued under the RTA

I was trying to imply that most people receiving/advising on such documentation believe that it is issued in accordance with traffic related legislation, when regualrs of this board all know that this is not the case.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I think he meant people incorrectly equate it with those issued under the RTA?

Anyway, OP - don't pay!

Richard has cleared up what he meant. ;)

My point was that there can be no equation as no tickets are issued under the RTA

• 5 months later...

Hi. My first time on a forum so bear with me! I arrived at the Beach Retail Park Aberdeen on Saturday at around 2.30pm and received a ticket at 2.44pm whilst in Dunelm Mill. I then went into Asda. I only noticed it on Sunday morning. I have a receipt from Asda from 3.55pm. Incidentally it was Central Ticketing and the fine is £100. Should I ignore it or seek advice from friend who is a policeman in Aberdeen to see if he can shed any light on this crowd. I am raging!

Please help.

Hi. My first time on a forum so bear with me! I arrived at the Beach Retail Park Aberdeen on Saturday at around 2.30pm and received a ticket at 2.44pm whilst in Dunelm Mill. I then went into Asda. I only noticed it on Sunday morning. I have a receipt from Asda from 3.55pm. Incidentally it was Central Ticketing and the fine is £100. Should I ignore it or seek advice from friend who is a policeman in Aberdeen to see if he can shed any light on this crowd. I am raging!

Please help.

Help is easy - do nothing, and ignore all the rubbish they send you. Please note this is not a fine, but an invoice to a contract you did not agree to.

The going rate for Central Ticketing from the Beach Retail Park is: 1 letter from CT themselves; one from Roxburghe debt collectors; and 2 from Graham White Solicitors.

They are all bogus and should be ignored.

Do not contact them in any way. Do not tell them anything. They are desperate for something to cling on to, to beat you with. Don't give them any rope and they can't hang you.

Seriously, this is not the first time I have heard of people being ticketed for parking in the "wrong half" of the car park. I think they must be getting desperate to drum up business. It is absolutely scandalous.

Incidentally, I strongly urge writing to your MP on this - and it should be your MP, not MSP, as I have found. I got a letter from the Scottish Parliament Transport Minister, via MSP, who sounded very confused - referring to it as a "fine"...and urging me to seek legal advice!

FtBS

• 3 months later...

I need Help!!

I parked my company car at the side of JJB at the Beach Boulavard in Aberdeen,albeit not in a space but definately NO yellow lines and there was plenty of room for other cars to pass.

I have been given a fine of £100 which can be reduced to £65 if I pay it in 28 days. I can appeal it if I can give them grounds!

What do I do.This is a huge fine! My problem I have is that As it is a company car if these cowboys contact the leasing company they in turn send a letter to my company,I get charged by the leasing company for sending the letter,as per speeding tickets!

Can they find out who the car is registered to?

Or should I just pay the £65 and learn my lesson?

I really don't want the hassle,If I appeal it they then have my name and address!!

Hopefully someone can help me.

Regards DB