RBS / Triton Credit Services

Guest sheerdrop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest sheerdrop

Hey all newbie to the site with one or two worries (aint we all :) ) Main one at the moment is, (apologies if this goes on!!!) I owed RBS roughly 3k due to going into unauthorised overdraft (agreed overdraft was 1.5k) a couple of years ago, I initially paid back 1000 pounds to bring the debt down (took silly loan out to do this) but due to charges etc it did not bring me into agreed overdraft. I then buried my head before making a move to contact RBS recoveries to pay of the debt. I spoke to a extremely helpful team who put in a monthly re-payment of £50 per month, RBS came up with this amount saying I would need to repay the debt within 3 years (they worked out the figures).I have never missed this payment and thought that because of this I would continue to pay the 50 pounds till the debt was repaid.

I then recently recieved a letter from Triton advising they were demanding payment of £2139 in full for this debt, and if I failed to pay this they would begin proceedings, threatning taking a charge on my property, arresting wages etc ( I do know they need to take me court before doing this) I called their helpline and questioned why this debt had been transfered to them as I had stuck to my agreed anmount etc etc. Triton advised that the debt could be passed to them at any point and that I would need to pay in full, after some too-ing an fro-ing I managed to get them to agree a payment of £100 per month for the next six months. I was advised I would also need to think about how I could pay the balance after this time as it would be unlikely that this agreement would be extended. The advisor asked me if I could borrow from family, use a credit card, take out a loan etc...... to which I answered that I was trying to get out of debt not add to it.

The short of it is 100 pounds a month at the moment is not acheivable for me (I only paid this month due to my wife cashing a cheque at a pawn brokers, which is really stupid as I have both this to pay off next month and the payment to Triton:( ) I am now tottally paniking. I have read lots of threads asking or signed agreements etc and was wodering if anyone had any advice at all.

I am really sorry about the length of this post.

Appreciate any help ( I am more thn willing to pay bak what I owe and I am honestly take responsibility for getting into this situation, though would like to add that around half this debt was due to bank charges put on my acount for going over my agreed limit )

Sheer.

Hi Sheer and welcome to cag,

first bit of advice do not ever speak to a dca on the phone.

First thing you nned to do is send rbs a sar to get a complete breakdown of all charges they have applied:

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

in this link will gvie you the template letter and letter you will need after that as well. This will cost £10 and you need to send recorded delivery and you need to keep to the timelines you set.

Royal Bank of Scotland - The Consumer Forums

this link will goive you threads who are have done or doing the same so have aread around and it will give you an idea what is happening.

second of all you need to send triton:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/580-letter-when-bankdca-attempt-to-collect-on-penalty-charge-situation

but just amend it to suit the situation.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)