• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

log book loans/ mobile money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

im new to this forum,

i took out a loan with mobile money back in july for £1500, no 10 months later, iv had to take out another £1000, just to stop them taking my car :confused: confusing i know but they tell you that you have to pay a final payment on your 6th month with them mine was amzing at £1750, more than the loan its self so i have to take out a further loan and then another, im coming to the end of my teather now and need to do some thing about it, i approached the cab and they couldnt do any thing and im in the process of dealing with fos,

i owe them £2767 (roughly) and cannot raise the cash, i took out all together £2500 and have paid £3000 over 10 months, £250 interest will be added to every payment i make to them (monthly) interest.

does any one have any advice on what i can to to try and get out of this agreement?

thanks for reading this.

mobile money will take every penny they can from you if you are not careful. I have forced them to come to court and you can too.I am sure loads of people will offer you advice on here and i will be more than happy to share what i have learned by being forced to go down this road. Any way first things first...check what date you signed the agreement. Now write to mobile money and request a copy of the bill of sale that bears the court stamp clearly indicating the date that the bill of sale was registered.If it was not done in seven days then they have no right over your car and it will make this whole thing easier. If they did lodge these on time dont panic pm me and i will tell you how to get the court to step in and help you.

hi I read this theread with interest.......i had a similar problem and i was was wandering if you can advice .....we had a personal loan a about 2 years ago with logbook loans ,we were using a company car where i was a director ......i was meant to pay the loan off in 3 months ...but when i could not keep up.....after paying almost 3/4 of it .....they starting adding 35pounds per letter they sent, and also suddenly the outstnading kept increasing from £1250 to £4000....then oe moening they came and took the car.

there are some points that are not clear to me .....do they have a right to take the car which was not in my name but in the name my company seeing that i took the loan on my name.

the car was worth about twice their inflated sum but i never got any change back....what i did get was a letter from some collection agency asking for more money saying that the car did not fecth enough at auction ...incredible!!!

can i reclaim on the exobitant interests added to the money.Can i claim on the 35pounds letter charges

please i will appreciate any advice on this

thanks

• 1 year later...

I've used mobile money in the past too. Irritating and poorly organised for sure!! I've just finished my last loan with them and it was a complete farce!!

When I renewed the loan last Aug, I specifically asked for the payment day to be after the 24th as that was when I had cash. They didn't do it, as I found out later, due toa 'computer glitch'. So, I was getting charge 12 quid extra for a 'late payment'.

The normal monthly payments are usually the interest mainly and a tiny bit off the initial loan. So, it looks like you've got a load of charges for the balloon payment to be that high.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

• 2 months later...

I took out a loan of £250 on my car, Mobile money did not have any proof of any income of my own , they did not explain that this was a bill of sale or mention a balloon payment. Towards the end of my initial loan I topped it up and borrowed a further £200 following a text invitation to do so. my payments went up considerable even though I had made regular payments. I did not understand how this worked until I started to look at various forums. Anyway as I said I had been paying regularly and when I was texted and invited to top up my loan I called the local Preston Office and went in , again my glasses were broken so I relied on the guy being honest ( they are supposed to be regulated and have rules to follow) I was not told about a further arrangement fee......... nor the first one come to think of it.

I have missed 2 months payments now but have paid well over the £450 I initially borrowed yet they still want nearly £600 by the 27th or they will send an agent to take the car.

The default notice stated that I can apply to the court which may make an order allowing me or any surety more time.......... What court ???

Also referred to an office of fair trading sheet stating if its not included, contact them and ask for one........ well guess what ??? it wasnt included.

What can I do ? should I just surrender the car ? Its not worth a lot, its an 11 year old astra but is all the transport we have and my wife is disabled.

I would appreciate any practical advice please :) I know Im an idiot for not reading things but I know Im not alone in that .

How much was your monthly payment?

I'm assuming that they have your logbook. Best thing to do is hide your car.

When is the loan due to finish?

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Yes they do have the logbook .I will need to search for the paperwork to find out when the loan was due to finish though I expect it was June but at that point a baloon payment was due which was equal or greater than the amount I had borrowed in the first place. Monthly payments 77.40 after the top up and I think just under 50 per month before I topped up the loan. First payment was taken from my initial loan before I was given the money so I actually only received 200 at first and not the £250 I signed for, they now want 575.60 in full settlement

Edited by coppullcaveman1
omission

Ok, you need to find out when the loan was / is due to finish. Your current monthly repayments are £77.40 so if the loan hasn't finished yet you are behind by £154.80.

If the loan has finished, then they will be asking for the missed payments, the balloon payment and they will have added charges for missing payments.

If you can dig out your paperwork and let me know the date you took the loan out then we can go from there.

Unable to find paperwork, probably discarded. They are actually asking for 161.60 by 27th of this month, If payment is not made then they will take possession of the car, I can give this voluntarily or they will instruct an agent. Just checked with the wife and loan is up in June so thats when they will want the balloon payment. There is no way I can raise this money as it is very nearly the amount I borrowed in the first place.

I have paid them more than I borrowed already , I topped up the loan in November and have maintained payments, except the last two.

The only option open to me is to scrape the money together for the 161.60 and re-finance the balloon payment as I cannot manage without the car due to wifes mobility problems

Unfortunately, the way mm loans work is that you repay about double what you borrow. You repay it either by 6 payments which are really only the interest and you still owe the initial loan amount or you have 6 payments which are a combination of initial loan and interest.

If I were you, I'd pay the missed amount and look at what to do with the ballon payment once you have secured your car. Is there a friend or family member who could lend you the money to pay the balloon off?

I requested a copy of the bill of sale, I was surprised to note the figures on the bill to be truthful. I initially borrowed 250.00 , I paid this for 6 months or there abouts and then topped up my "loan" by a further 200, making a total of £450.00. Does anyone know how this actually works as the figure for december shows an advance of £460 ???

I really am concerned about the witness being the same person who signed me up and gave me the loan... or what I though was a loan, it now appears it was more complicated than I first thought.

Even after reading the bill I am still not sure what it means

billofsale.pdf

Well, I have always been a bit of an Ostritch... burying my head in the sand and hoping a problem would go away.

I contacted Mobile Money regarding my account which was in arrears and explained that I was in a big hole that I couldnt dig myself out of.

The representitive from my area (Northwest) contacted me and offered to help me sort it out. Of course I was ever so sceptical but today I emailed him asking if he could help by reducing the amount I would have to pay to clear the account.

I was very surprised and happy with his reply and the debt will now be cleared today :whoo:

I have had a rant about this archaic piece of legislation used but I am ultimately responsible for signing papers and accepting terms and conditions.

Bill of sale loans are in themselves not a problem , the problem is the balloon payment at the end of the loan term.

Please dont give up, this company has proved to me that it does want to help customers in difficulty and they are open to negotiation and flexibility.

Repossession is a last resort please talk to Mobile Money , they genuinely do want to help.

Sorry if this sounds really sceptical but do you have it in writing that the loan is now completely finished and nobody is going to chase you for the rest? If so, fab news!!

I have the reciept for the final payment which was reduced by 50% which shows an outstanding balance of nil and I have my documnets back in my possession.

The guy at the Preston office was indeed very helpful and true to his word.

You are sceptical????........... So was I ........... I still cant believe it myself but its true... I am free :whoo:

So again if you are having problems please try to speak to a local area manager, I am sure from my experience today that Mobile Money would rather help if they can.

You will see other posts about Mobile Money from me in the negative lol,,,,,, I still believe it should be made perfectly clear what happens with this Bill of sale deal and I would like to see the interest rate reduced as the loan is effectively secured and such high rates cannot be justified on a secured loan.

I would also like to see the balloon payment system scrapped and the entire repayment amount spread over the length of the loan rather than having to pay this huge amount at the end. Im sure Mobile Money are considering this and I do hope they adopt this policy

Edited by coppullcaveman1

• 11 months later...

Hello

I am new to the group and I am here as a result of a very distressing incident re mobile money.

I stupidly in desperation took out a log book loan n feb as i needed money fast prior to a lump sum coming in and have a poor credit rating.

The loan was secured against my vehicle.

I repeatedly asked the Liverpool branch for a settlement branch and gave them dates of the likely repayment in full.

They ignored my requests.

I kept getting texts phone calls and emails telling me how out of order i was and i had to pay.

I spoke with their management compliancy manager who confirmed that he could get a settlement figure out to me and we agreed that it would be paid within a 28 day period.

My funds didnt come through in time!!!

i made an interim payment to stop their actions escalating as they were leaving messages constantly

and I kept the compliancy manager informed and gave him revised dates .

I asked for an updated settlement figure and confirmed the conclusion by 3rd May.

They wanted a scan to show i had received money into my acount which i didnt have the facility to do.

The day 8 am sat morn after i had a text stating my agreement had been cancelled by default and that they were taking action ti recover the vehicle.

I emailed compliancy manager who confirmed in email that the text had 'been issued in error' and that the agreement was still in place.

I requested a new settlement figure as the previous one was out of date and heard nothing, 6 days later guys were on my drive

8 hours before my money cleared two bald head stocky tatooed guys turned up on my drive.

When i opened the door to them my car had been clamped my vehicle is kept on my private property.

They told me they had come to recover the vehicle and that i could do it the easy way and give them the key or the hard way

and they would call a tow truck and add £250 to the bill.

I asked what paperwork they had to recover the vehicle and they said they didnt need any paperwork.

They showed me a corner aa piece of paper stating default 20th april - which relates to the the text message incident.

I went to speak to their compliancy manager who wasnt available but spoke to a very unpleasant man called simon greave

- he stated that if i could pay them the balance they now demanded the car would be left,

had to ask him the figure because i hadnt been advised and the figure quoted was significantly higher than the previous settlement figure .

My son offered to pay then on the basis that cleared sums would be available the day after.

They refused to take his credit card payment.

He offered to go to his nearest bank and pay money over the counter - my son lives away and is working

- he left work and was in a city centre bank lunch queue when the phone started ringing and the guys were hamering on the door.

The md stated i was messing them around and they had better things to do than wait for my son to pay

and that if he concluded the business the vehicle would be available for collection in liverpool

The guys at the door told me if the money not paid in two minutes a tow truck would be called and the cost of removal had escalated to £400

Th local police were unable to attend but heard through my phone part of their dialogue.

Their advice was to hand over the spare key as i was clearly being intimidated with a threat of things becoming unpleasant - this company already had the main key!

I gave them the key they wouldnt give me a receipt

Caz, as you were told in your other thread you need to make your own thread. I'll flag a site admin to help you out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D