has anyone won?

joload
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not yet- several claims are happening right now with one in particular scheduled for a hearing on the 9th, I believe, so we are all awaiting news of that case with baited breath!

Egg seems to be a tough cookie but they might just be good bluffers!

• 3 weeks later...

It was adjourned 'til mid Sept.......

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• 2 weeks later...

Yasmin - did this materialise?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

yes it did, but i've had to withdraw my claim. They have dragged up a bit of dirt on me going way back to my application and relating to the ppi. So it is just proving to be too stressfull. Also, as mine seemed to be the first case, I felt it was very important that it was straightforward, lol, or as it can be! as it will set a precedentThey have still got this counter claim, so it has gone up to the judge for an urgent decision. I wish everyone else the best of luck and as they have posted me a package of docs. they will rely on in court, I have told Tobes, as his case is probably imminent, that I will let him have these. Just got to wait for the judges decision.

yes it did, but i've had to withdraw my claim. They have dragged up a bit of dirt on me going way back to my application and relating to the ppi. So it is just proving to be too stressfull. Also, as mine seemed to be the first case, I felt it was very important that it was straightforward, lol, or as it can be! as it will set a precedentThey have still got this counter claim, so it has gone up to the judge for an urgent decision. I wish everyone else the best of luck and as they have posted me a package of docs. they will rely on in court, I have told Tobes, as his case is probably imminent, that I will let him have these. Just got to wait for the judges decision.

Oh Yasmin, that's such a shame. I'm too scared now to go ahead and claim - I've sent them my prelim though!

Will you be liable for any costs?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

:smile: Hi Un1boy. No, please whatever you do don't let this discourage you. As I explained, there is a good reason for me to discontinue, or believe me I would not be doing so! Someone's going to win this one now, so you must crack on(lol) I support this almost fanatically now, and would love to be at the first hearing....

Well, I've started it all now, so I'll finish!

Do you mind though if I keep in contact to see if there is anything you can help me with/any advice you can offer?!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

keep in touch & just ask. Not sure if i'll be able to help but will certainly try, LOL. Will be following your thread;)

Aw thanks Yasmin - yes, that's the best thing to do - keep an eye on my thread if you don't mind (all links are in my signature at the bottom of my posts, hehe!!) I'm sorry about your case and I will update you as soon as I here anything.........

My charges claims:

Default removals:

thanks mistermind!

please follow the progress of my claim using the links below!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What really worries me is Egg. Basically, what i am saying (and i am sure you have all thought this yourselves!), is that if the first few cases go in Egg's favour, then that could set a precedence so the other institutions decide that they too will defend every claim through the courts.

On the other hand of course, if Egg lose then that would be a MASSIVE boost to everybody who has ever been charged fees over the last 6 years, from all over the UK!

Best of luck to those with impending cases.

Lloyds: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed- Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

Mint C/Card: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed - Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

ENDEAVOUR PPI: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Gone pear shaped! See HERE

I think it depends what credit card I had a credit card with MBNA and I got all my money back.

What you need to remember is that if egg go to court they have to explain how it cost them £30 to send out a letter or reject a direct debit etc.

I know, you're right - that's why the banks have collectedly paid out voer 20 million so far.

It does worry/upset me though that the court system allows Egg to drag all our claims out as much as they have. I mean, if they don't enter the paperwork etc then why should they keep getting an extension etc?

It worries me how no one has won yet against Egg, their stalling tactics must be good!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression no precedents can be set in the small claims court? Just an observation.

For Egg we need a trail-blazer, a battering ram, the sharpest tip of the strongest spear. In other words a model citizen who cannot be intimidated and blackmailed by Egg in any way, i.e. no current arrears, just punitive charges in the past to be reclaimed in the present. Unfortunately I myself am not in that strong position.

Our winning that test case will demoralise Egg and encourage all other claimants who can quote the precedent.

Hiya,

I had 2 egg cards which I got into arrears with on and off last year. I explained that I was on maternity leave and was waiting money coming in. I paid them off at the start of the year but they reveiwed my accts and due to my work status, closed them down after. One is actually still open cos it is 2.36 or similar in credit although I dont think I am allowed to use it! I also have a loan with them which had the same problems but all sorted and no arrears. I am going to request statements on all 3 once I find the closed credit card acct number - bit difficult as dont seem to have any statements and my online info doesnt mention the acct anymore.

If you think I may be suitable then I will try to press ahead with this earlier - I have others I have sent SAR's for but as I dont think Egg owe me too much and I still need the acct number I havent sent off one to them yet. I will do it though if you think it may help other cases. Just not sure if my scenario would make me suitable? Also worried, can they then go and close my loan down? I agreed with them at the start of the year to increase the term of the loan due to a change in circumstances, could they then go and put back to original length or call it in if I try to claim?

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikki,

I have an Egg Loan account open, with Egg card balance transferred thereto then closed a year ago. I had no difficulty obtaining the card number from Egg, they are legally obliged to retain historical info for a number of years. Egg card is always paid by DD, do you have online access to your bank account or back statements which mention Egg number on DD instruction.

As for Egg retaliating by closing your Egg loan, unless your loan repayment is seriously behind, I cannot see any justification. The agreement signed was for a fixed term loan, not like a bank overdraft liable to be called in. Would have to read Egg's fine print online which is notoriouslly difficult. Perhaps legal eagles and card employees can shed light on this?

A clean candidate to debunk Egg would be a dream. Any victimisation can be reported to OFT CEO. Egg has already pushed its luck with the OFT, time they come a cropper.

Hope you proceed Nikki, good luck, we weaker candidates for battle will form up behind you.

For Egg we need a trail-blazer, a battering ram, the sharpest tip of the strongest spear. In other words a model citizen who cannot be intimidated and blackmailed by Egg in any way, i.e. no current arrears, just punitive charges in the past to be reclaimed in the present. Unfortunately I myself am not in that strong position.

Our winning that test case will demoralise Egg and encourage all other claimants who can quote the precedent.

Hey Mister,

I have just sent my prelim to Egg. I had a few probs about a year ago in terms of going overlimit and late payments. No probs since and they have actually increased my limit.

I will take this all the way I can - if they try to close, I will report them to banking code, ombusman and quote the unfair terms of contract Act (i thinks that's the act that covers it).

Keep an eye on my thread below and see how I get on - any advice etc at anytime is greatly appreciated!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi All

I'm in the fortunate position of having just paid off the balance on my Egg card.

They owe me £200 in charges for the usual late payment, over limit etc.

They've got nothing on me, nothing to use against me and I really hate their arrogance, so happy to oblige.

I've just had my (unusually polite) RFP turned down so LBA being prepared now.

I'm paying mine off too, takes away their counterclaim and there's no pressure then about paying it back!!

The Banking Code said they can do it! (close accounts) as did the FSA!

My charges claims:

Default removals: