hi all new and need advice on welcome finance

frags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i need some help with Welcome finance, il try and explain what i can but its hubby who needs the help.

he got a car on finance through carland sept 04 and we took out a protection for if your out of work or if the car is written off.

a couple of years ago hubby was out of work but some how no matter what we did we couldnt get the payments covered!! well he was only out of work for approx 4-5 months so we managed to sort out with WF to start repayments again.

the agreement ended sept 08 but we still owed money due to the out of work incident but no new contract was signed or anything we just carried on paying them.

last sunday night somebody broke into the car causing £3000 worth of damges so direct line our insurers wrote the car off!!

they offered £1300 for the car which we was pleased with as it would give enough for hubs to buy another car to get to work.......

got a call tonight from DL saying that because there was outstanding finance the money is to be paid to WF.

have called WF and said we paid for the extra insurance to cover this but they said the agreement ended in sept for that so hubby said to them the amount outstanding is for the amount we should have got back when he was out of work and that he couldnt get it covered.

they have said they dont know who the protection cover was with as they only deal with the finance not the protection!

have WF screwed us? they say we owe £1400 still which is stupid as we have already paid approx £8500 for a £4000 car and yet still want another £1400.

ive read that WF charge for payment collections at £25 and we had a couple of years of collections also that they charge £5-£10 for phone calls and letters and i couldnt begin to imagine how many calls they gave us, apparently even courtesy calls to make sure we still ok for pick up they charge for

what can we do?

please help we are just keeping our head above water at the mo so im desperate to try do something but i dont know what.

Hi and welcome, first thing is send welcome a sar costs £10 and demand all the statements and agreements and the PPI information from these sharks, they have 40 days to provide this info.

secondly stop paying these cretins if they are claiming that the cover is not their responsibility

thirdly everything from now on in writing, if they phone tell them to write

Subject Access Request - Consumer Wiki

Good advice from PGH.....if you had taken out protection insurance then that is what it should have done....if you had claimed and they had not paid due to some spurious reason in the small print, then this is a case of missold PPI, i'd advise you to cancel this (if it is still running) and make a claim for all the money you have paid out on PPI + interest and any excessive charges too - you will need to highlight your dispute with them though by means of a letter (send recorded)