Trying Getting Default removed from Vodafone **COMPLAINT RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick update guys.

I have now managed to get a hold of the account number via Equifax. Why Vodafone couldn't supply it is beyond me.

Anyways, what would my next step be?

I thought my other defaults were coming off next year, but I misread my credit report. They actually come off just before Christmas, my six years of sub-prime are about to be ended :D

Well they will be if I can sort out my mortgage to an interest only one, but that's a different story.

PS, re the above e mails to Vodafone, I haven't received a single reply from them.

Archway

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dear Vodafone,

Further to the request below, and Vodafones inabilty to find details of an account that I had with you for close on eleven years, here is the account number 'tumteetum'.

As previously stated, and you have had ample time to find my details, I will now be contacting the credit reference agencies and asking that this default is removed from my account because Vodafone are unable to say why it was ever added.

Regards,

Mr Me."

PS, this is a copy of the e mail sent. Should everything now be put in writing and recorded delivery?

Excuse my ignorance guys, this is all new to me :)

Archway

You may be making too much oif this - I dont believe a single mobile default nearly 6 years ago will mean you are being treated as a potential 'sub prime' candidate - although the publicity of the CRA's would clearly wish you to think this.

As for your next steps, email is fickle, as it is hit and miss whether the right person gets to read it and do something, a bit difficult for them to claim this if you've posted it and sent it Recorded Delivery to track it. I'd always use both, the first for speed in case they've got their act together, and postally if they haven't!

You may be making too much oif this - I dont believe a single mobile default nearly 6 years ago will mean you are being treated as a potential 'sub prime' candidate - although the publicity of the CRA's would clearly wish you to think this.

As for your next steps, email is fickle, as it is hit and miss whether the right person gets to read it and do something, a bit difficult for them to claim this if you've posted it and sent it Recorded Delivery to track it. I'd always use both, the first for speed in case they've got their act together, and postally if they haven't!

Sorry Buzby, my error. I had other defaults on the account which were overcome for the sub prime when I went for the mortgage six years ago, but it was the £39 one that apparently caused the problem.

Should i basically cut and paste the e mails I've sent and put them into one letter, recorded delivery, or send a different letter??

Thanks for the help so far :)

Archway

No - don't do a cut and paste job, they don't have the time. BRIEFLY explain the situation, next what you need to have them do to resolve your issue. On a separate sheet, provide a date and 2-line event note of what happened or went wrong. At the end say a full version of ay relevant correspondence can be provided.

This means they can work with the info they've got without having to trawl through tons of paperwork.

If you've been in contact with Equiax then use them to raise a query to Vodafone. They will be able to provide Vodafone with the account number. Vodafone have bought several companies out in the last few years and therefore older information may not be easily available on their main billing system. Was the account taken out through Singlepoint or Carphone Warehouse at all? Equifax will liaise directly with the department at Vodafone who are responsible for dealing with credit file queries. I believe their address can be found on your credit file (I know my Experian credit file shows a list of useful addresses for all the lenders I have agreements with).

If you've been in contact with Equiax then use them to raise a query to Vodafone. They will be able to provide Vodafone with the account number. Vodafone have bought several companies out in the last few years and therefore older information may not be easily available on their main billing system. Was the account taken out through Singlepoint or Carphone Warehouse at all? Equifax will liaise directly with the department at Vodafone who are responsible for dealing with credit file queries. I believe their address can be found on your credit file (I know my Experian credit file shows a list of useful addresses for all the lenders I have agreements with).

Hi Fred, account was taken out direct with Vodafone before they started their quest for world domination.

When I had my account with them, they were a fairly small company based in Berkshire, and anytime I did have any issues, I usually spoke to the same person, and issue was resolved very quickly.

I've looked through the site for template letters that I can send them to get this default removed, but I can't seem to find any.

Any suggestions guys? I still haven't had any response to the e mails sent over a month ago now.

PS, I'll also contact Equifax as well :)

PPS, Have just e mailed Equifax asking for default to be removed due to lack of response from Vodafone. Have I done the right thing??? :(

Edited by Archway
Update

Archway

A mobile default is not the same as a CCA one, so there is nothing really required, you just ask them to substantiate that the default they placed on your credit file is accurate. If it is, then there's not much else you can do, as your contract will have had your agreement for them to disclose your financial dealings to a CRA as part of the agreement.

A mobile default is not the same as a CCA one, so there is nothing really required, you just ask them to substantiate that the default they placed on your credit file is accurate. If it is, then there's not much else you can do, as your contract will have had your agreement for them to disclose your financial dealings to a CRA as part of the agreement.

As it stands, they say that they can't find any account relating to myself Buzby. At the time I wasn't caring about the default as I had too much going on in my personal life then, and didn't realise the significance of defaults on credit files, or I would have done more about it at the time.

I feel the default was very unfairly and maliciously issued by vodafone because I refused to pay the £3-00 charge for not paying by DD, even though I never had one late payment, bill was paid via internet within ten mins of me receiving it.

I could be making too much out of this, but I would like to have a default free credit file, and as the others are about to drop off, this one is a bit of a thorn. And of course, the bill was paid in full within a couple of months, which I know is outside their terms, but the account was in dispute.

Archway

They're not being 'malicious' - it's a black and white thing... it matter not that the reason for the outstanding balance is notional. Even if it is 0.01p the computer flags it as a default and lets all the other computers know. There's no human intervention.

From whay you describe, their rejection will be based on the fact (a) You had an account and agreed to their T&C's (b) You had money owing to the company for more than their stipulated period allowed © The account was then flagged as being in default.

If your credit file still shows the default as being owed, this is an error and should be amended. This is also a good time to make a big noise at how your life has been ruined and you would not be satisfied at this being changed to show it had really been paid, no, you want it removed.

If it is showing as 'settled' (ie paid by you) then this will be an accurate reflection of the operation of the account, and there's not much you can do to enforce its removal. :(

From whay you describe, their rejection will be based on the fact (a) You had an account and agreed to their T&C's (b) You had money owing to the company for more than their stipulated period allowed © The account was then flagged as being in default.

If it is showing as 'settled' (ie paid by you) then this will be an accurate reflection of the operation of the account, and there's not much you can do to enforce its removal. :(

Just had another look, default is showing as "satisfied" Buzby.

Default Balance:£39

Current Balance:Satisfied

Defaulted On:26/07/2004

File Updated for the Period to:18/10/2004

Thing is, when they issued the default, the account was still in dispute. My understanding of things is that they can't do this :(

Ach maybe I'm making too much of it :)

Archway

I know where're you're coming from, but they'll maintain it is accurate and not in any way erroneous. All it is saying is that at such a date your account had not been paid by the due date and had been flagged as being in default of their standard terms. The fact any problem has been resolved and the account paid - and the file shows this.

If you had a dispute that resulted with a default being applied, THEN rey adjusted the account to removew the 'debt', THAT would be unfair and warrant removal.

• 2 weeks later...

Received this from Experian. Hopefully they will have more clout with Vodafone than poor old me.

Got this on the 30th July, I sent my mail to Experian on the 19th. How long do Vodafone have to act on the enquiry from Experian???

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE

ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE

TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

Archway

Archway

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing stipulated, although 28 days is the usual guideline.

Just got confirmation of e mail to Experian sent ages ago, that they'd received my mail on the 4th of August, don't they move faster than a speeding snail :)

Experian say they can only ask Vodafone to have a look at the default, but they can't force them.

Archway

Not quite true.....! If Vodafone do not respond, they have no choice but to remove the data as the firm that placed it has not confirmed or otherwise substantiated its accuracy.

If V DO confirm that they placed the account in default - it stays :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Archway,

Although you haven't been able to get far with getting this investigated I'm sure I can get things moving forward for you.

Could you email all the information you have to me using the instructions set out in our pinned thread here and as soon as I've received it I'll get this looked into and come back to you.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee_Vodafone

Hi

Having the same problem over a default with Vodafone, I have sent my 2nd letter on the 1st August (recorded of course) but no reply yet (got reply to the first letter in 3 weeks)

Really all I need to know is, is there any legal set amount of days they have to get back to me? and if they dont get back to me what would my next steps be?

Any advice would be much appreciated!.....

No lgal time limit. It can sometimes help if you state you require a response within 21/28 days (or whatever) but this is just to forewarn of possible action in the courts, as if you did not set and advise a time limit, they could complain that you were being unreasonable.

After 12 weeks you can complain to Otelo. You can find out more on their website at www.otelo.org.uk or e-mail them at

[email protected]

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 months later...
Hi Archway,

Although you haven't been able to get far with getting this investigated I'm sure I can get things moving forward for you.

Could you email all the information you have to me using the instructions set out in our pinned thread here and as soon as I've received it I'll get this looked into and come back to you.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Guys,

A little update on what's been going on.

I have just checked my credit report after having received some correspondence from Lee Vodafone.

True to his word, the default has now been removed from my file.

Lee, thank you very much for your help and assistance in getting this removed, your help was very gratefully appreciated.

One default down, two to go :D

• Haha 1

Archway

Hi Archway,

You're welcome.

Thanks for updating the thread to let me and everyone know that everything is now sorted for you.

It's always nice when a customer takes the time to come back to CAG after our involvement especially when the outcome has been as positive as this one.

All the best with getting the other two resolved as well.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee_Vodafone
  • Haha 1

Hi Archway,

You're welcome.

Thanks for updating the thread to let me and everyone know that everything is now sorted for you.

It's always nice when a customer takes the time to come back to CAG after our involvement especially when the outcome has been as positive as this one.

All the best with getting the other two resolved as well.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi guys,

I've just sent Lee a PM re this. I must admit I was a wee bit dubious about giving personal details via the site, but Lee came up trumps.

Any Vodafone customers who are having issues, I'd recommend that if you're asked for details over the net by Lee, go for it.

My other two defaults are coming off in the next few weeks as they are due to expire, won't be long before I have a clean slate now.

Once again Lee, thank you fella :)

Archway

I hope you gave Lee some reputation by clicking his scales!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar