GE Woodchester Car Finance loan to Link Outsourcing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were do you start?

1. THey cannot sell the debt to anyone without sending you a proper defulat notice

2. they cannot start legal action without sending you a proper default notice

3. the default notice has to give you 14 clear days to pay te arrears

4. All the other theings wrong that yuo list in your post

Hasta la vista Santanda

Morning Steven,

Have checked the paperwork on this and they did issue a default notice 5th November to be remedied by 19th November sent 2nd class by UK Mail.

Been in dispute over mis selling of ppi & then over PT's findings since the begining of the year.

Beachy

Edited by beachcomber60

Were do you start?

1. THey cannot sell the debt to anyone without sending you a proper defulat notice

2. they cannot start legal action without sending you a proper default notice

3. the default notice has to give you 14 clear days to pay te arrears

4. All the other theings wrong that yuo list in your post

Hasta la vista Santanda

Morning Steven,

Have checked the paperwork on this and they did issue a default notice 5th November to be remedied by 19th November sent 2nd class by UK Mail.

Been in dispute over mis selling of ppi & then over PT's findings since the begining of the year.

Beachy

In which case the DN is definitely defective. You must be allowed 14 clear days to remedy.

They have not allowed any time for posting which is for 1st class = 2 working days and 2nd class = 4 working days.

See BRW's post on Default Notices here

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you actually started your claim for mis sold PPI ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you actually started your claim for mis sold PPI ?

Morning CB,

Yeap that was what started all this, I put my claim in a) I was self-employed b) told loan would be approved IF I took ppi.

Within a few DAYS of sending my complaint they responded with "we were not regulated at the time so we reject ypur complaint, if you are not happy about this you can complain to The Finance & Leasing Association" - having read about the FLA that would be a complete waste of time.

Beachy

Aha, sorry. I was simply too tired to read your thread from the beginning yesterday. Will have a trundle through it now to see where you are at.:D

BCOBS

IMHO think it is time for you to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I understand that they advise you that the FLA was the regulator at the time and I also understand your reasons for not wanting to go that route.

However, Paul has pointed out many other flaws on the document. There is also the query whereby information was added to the documents after you had signed and returned them. Plus the fact that the upfront insurance premium didnt appear until the first statement.

The FOS may write back and say that they are unable to help, but meanwhile this will buy you valuable time. Because the account will be firmly in dispute. Any time you have to write back to this crowd, you just put your FOS reference at the top of the letter. But to get that reference you have to make the complaint.

You also say that you havent been able to get past a certain level of staffing. Have you tried writing directly to the Registered office with your letter headed OFFICIAL COMPLAINT.

HTH

BCOBS

IMHO think it is time for you to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I understand that they advise you that the FLA was the regulator at the time and I also understand your reasons for not wanting to go that route.

However, Paul has pointed out many other flaws on the document. There is also the query whereby information was added to the documents after you had signed and returned them. Plus the fact that the upfront insurance premium didnt appear until the first statement.

The FOS may write back and say that they are unable to help, but meanwhile this will buy you valuable time. Because the account will be firmly in dispute. Any time you have to write back to this crowd, you just put your FOS reference at the top of the letter. But to get that reference you have to make the complaint.

You also say that you havent been able to get past a certain level of staffing. Have you tried writing directly to the Registered office with your letter headed OFFICIAL COMPLAINT.

Perhaps something along the lines of my complaint if you wish;)

Submission of a Very Serious Formal Complaint against the Royal Bank of Scotland

Despite several further requests for the information as required by my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), none has been forthcoming.

Letters have been sent on:

24 January 2008

16 February 2008

12 March 2008

28 March 2008

2 April 2008

12 April 2008

12 April 2008 Request for CCA under provision of Consumer Credit Act 1974

19 April 2008

I have still not received Consumer Credit Agreements with associated paperwork on four of the loans. Because of the inordinate delays, the information requested on the first loan which was refinanced in March 2002 would be of no use as any claim against that loan would now be statute barred within the Scottish Courts.

I have not received data in the name of recordings of telephone conversations or transcripts of those conversations between the RBS and myself.

I have not received copies of emails or letters which I know exist.

I have also not received any properly certified documentation by Data Controllers within the RBS stating the information that I have requested has been disposed of, destroyed or erased.

The Royal Bank of Scotland is a member of the British Bankers Association (BBA), is licensed by the Financial Services Authority and should I believe, operate within the Law of the Land and therefore respond within the statutory timescales within Legal Acts at Law, namely the Data Protection Act 1998.

I have, when asked, provided information to the RBS, but it seems to me now, that they will try and delay supplying the data requested by using whatever delaying tactics they see fit. On one occasion referring me back to DLFS for the information I had requested. The fact that the DLFS had been legally transferred back to the RBS on 1 March 2006 (the transfer included all DLFS loans) was obviously overlooked by the Data Protection staff within the RBS.

This is indeed an extremely sorry state of affairs and it beggars belief that RBS staff would not be aware this Legal transfer had taken place.

My understanding is that the RBS had 40 days to fully supply all the information requested in my Subject Access Request, this has most certainly not happened.

I would therefore like to request that each addressee takes the appropriate measures to instruct or at least direct the RBS to supply this information to me as a matter of urgency.

I have a complaint lodged with the Information Commissioners Office Case Reference xxxxxx

I would now urge the Commissioner to consider an Enforcement notice against the RBS under Section 40 of the Data Protection Act.

I would also request that the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service, the Office of Fair Trading and the British Bankers Association add this extremely serious complaint to their files on the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Yours sincerely

A xxxxxxxxxxx

Distribution:

The Financial Services Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.

The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London,

E14 9SR.

The Commissioner, Information Commissioners Office, Wyckuffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Information Commissioners Office, Casework and Advice Division, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Office of Fair Trading, OFT Enquiries, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8JX.

Chief Executive, British Bankers Association, Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1EX.

Just Cobble your own response but use my letter template if it helps you out.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Despite the serious dispute with Santander regarding this account, out of the blue today I received a snotty letter from Code Red giving me 48 hrs to contact them regarding the account as they are now dealing with it.

They have added £30 for dealing with it as they are an 'external' dca HOWEVER at the bottom of their letter is the following :-

Santander Consumer (UK) plc trading as Code Red Collection Services.

( yet another 'in house' dca :evil:)

Beachy

States in small print at the bottom of the letter:-

Santander Consumer (UK) Ltd trading as Code Red Collection Services.

Dispute is with Santander (formally GE Woodchester) they've charged £30 to the debt as a fee for passing account to an external dca.

Beachy

:D Me neither.

I admit I did get a tizzy on when the letter popped thro' the letterbox, find it quite funny now, been quite happy having a stand off with GE over this one but since Santander bought GE Woodchester they seem to have gone for my Jugular. :eek:

:D Me neither.

I admit I did get a tizzy on when the letter popped thro' the letterbox, find it quite funny now, been quite happy having a stand off with GE over this one but since Santander bought GE Woodchester they seem to have gone for my Jugular. :eek:

I used to work for santander group, well the abbey branch, i worked in a mortgage centre, got on overdraft that was offered to me, a 500 one, then couple months i got laid off, told them i was on the dole and they were the ones that laid me off, they wouldn't have non of the £1 a month trick, so they sent it to some other collection agency who then accepted the £1 per month payment!!! What was the point!!!!! Santander are so awkward. I find them quite childish aswell.

Woodchester kindly screwed up my agreement and is flawed and improperly executed as Santander now own Woodchester they can have the hassle from me until the debt is written off - all this would have gone un-noticed if they'd accepted that they missold me ppi.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Received the following letter this morning from Santander & would like some urgent advice as to what I should do next. Currently dealing with a family bereavement and cant think straight at the moment.

Dear Beachy,

I write further to our letter dated ** June 2009 and your letters dated ** May 2009 & ** June 2009 addressed to our collections department and Code Red Collections Service.

I can confirm that we have considered the points you have raised in your recent letters and have in your previous letters.

We have issued a number of responses to you addressing the issues you have raised, these letters were dated ** January 2009, ** February 2009 & ** March 2009. In these letters we advised you that our conclusion is that we are satisfied that our credit agreement is properly executed and that you remain liable until the balance is cleared in full. I must advise that our stance remains the same.

As we have issued our final response on this matter your agreement no longer has a hold place on it and collections action will continue until your agreement is brought up to date.

Whilst I appreciate that this may not be the outcome you were expecting, I trust that I have addressed all the cocerns that you raised. However, if you remain dissatified, you should note that we have now reached a state of deadlock as our internal complaints procedures have now been exhausted. You must refer the matter to the Financial & Leasing Association, details of which were enclosed in our previous letter, as we can no longer correspond regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely

squiggle squigge

Complaints Resolution Officer

Yet again my letter has been passed to the muppets in their complaints resolution office, they have, IMO, failed to explain WHY they are right and Iam wrong not to mention they have completely forgotten my claim for mis selling PPI.

If someone could advise my the next move or to contact PT for further guidence I would be most greatful.

As Always,

Beachy

Where have you got to on the claim for mis-sold PPI?

Wherever you, escalate to the next level (prelim-LBA-court) - I know it's hard when other things are going on - unfortuantely, the likes of Santander don't take such things into account :(