Any dealings with 'Code Red' DCA - Santander (formally GE Woodchester)

beachcomber60

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

States in small print at the bottom of the letter:-

Santander Consumer (UK) Ltd trading as Code Red Collection Services.

Dispute is with Santander (formally GE Woodchester) they've charged £30 to the debt as a fee for passing account to an external dca.

Beachy

:D Me neither.

I admit I did get a tizzy on when the letter popped thro' the letterbox, find it quite funny now, been quite happy having a stand off with GE over this one but since Santander bought GE Woodchester they seem to have gone for my Jugular. :eek:

:D Me neither.

I admit I did get a tizzy on when the letter popped thro' the letterbox, find it quite funny now, been quite happy having a stand off with GE over this one but since Santander bought GE Woodchester they seem to have gone for my Jugular. :eek:

I used to work for santander group, well the abbey branch, i worked in a mortgage centre, got on overdraft that was offered to me, a 500 one, then couple months i got laid off, told them i was on the dole and they were the ones that laid me off, they wouldn't have non of the £1 a month trick, so they sent it to some other collection agency who then accepted the £1 per month payment!!! What was the point!!!!! Santander are so awkward. I find them quite childish aswell.

Woodchester kindly screwed up my agreement and is flawed and improperly executed as Santander now own Woodchester they can have the hassle from me until the debt is written off - all this would have gone un-noticed if they'd accepted that they missold me ppi.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I received a letter from Code Red debt collectors on Friday over our dispute with Santander, my partner got made redundant in April and has been unable to find another job so he is on jobseekers and we cannot afford to pay the monthly amounts for our finance, so we asked Santander if we could make lower payments on a temporary basis and they have said no. We then got in touch with Legal aid who have been conversing with them on our behalf and have still said no to any offer of payment, and apparently with our finance we cannot give the car up without signing a form so say they can sell it for pennies at auction and we would still be liable for any shortfall and they cannot take the car off us unless they go to court.

Now they have sent the amount we are behind by to this DCA and they wanted us to respond within 48 hrs.

Any help would be great x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Hi there

Hoping I can get some advice on here. 4 years ago I took out finance through a garage to finance my car, I have paid most of it off, was about 7,000, now only 1,000 left. I have missed the last cpl of months payments as lost my job.

Had letter from santander saying they were charging me etc and would default me. I have spoken to them a few times but dont get anywhere with them.

I phoned up today again to pay this months payment and arrange to pay the back money due, which is approx 250, and the woman on the phone was horrible! I was put through to Code red, whoever they are, who said that santander had passsed my details to them and that basically she wouldnt accept payment for this month and that I would either have to pay the whole 1,000 left or give them back the car.

I am gutted and flumaxxed! I need my car for work and am trying hard to come to a solution with them, but they seem stuck on taking me to court if I dont pay the full whack, which I cant do right now.

What happened with your problem?

• 1 year later...

Had the same problem with them this week! Got car finance, 4 years paid, 1 year to go but got behind as been on maternity leave, have been trying to set up an arrangement with them for 3 months now and keep getting fobbed off! now they have turned the debt over to code red, spoke to them this week and they were AWFUL! Got nowhere, they said we could turn the car over, yeah right!! it will be sold at Auction for next to nothing! And how are you supposed to get to work?? The woman on the phone said well if you can afford car insurance surely you could afford your car payments???? Have accumulated other debts and everyone has been great, accepting lower amounts to clear the debt, all except this company. Had no trouble with them in the past until Santander took over! By the way the letter recieved said we had to respond within 48 hours which we did and the woman said Why are you ringing if you can't pay the amount off in full!! I said because the letter told me to! You can't win!! :-x