Can you change your name to escape debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Subbing, to a very interesting thread!

IMHO, why can't you just change your name by deed poll, then apply for a passport in your new name, showing them the deed poll certificate, then open a bank account with your new passport as ID:confused:

You then move property, in your new name?

Or is that too easy, or am I missing a point?:confused::confused:8-)8-)

The bank will want to know your previous addresses and some ask if you have been known by any other name and they check you on credit files for ID purposes.

However a prepaid mastercard firm that will even accept your wages and benefits, do not do all this. A lot less bothered.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanted to add my friend goes by the alias of sue perb her oh got her a nectar card with that name on it then the clubcard then the boots card and lo and behold when the phone got cut off they got the cabel on in the name of sue perb roll on two years and sue perb has been paying a utility bill for two years now a laugh at the time but realistically if they wanted to what else could they do if they wanted to

well i moved here in 1994 and the previous occ had a bank a/c opened in the name of brian hind.

we still to this day get a yearly savings report addressed to mr b.hind.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well i moved here in 1994 and the previous occ had a bank a/c opened in the name of brian hind.

we still to this day get a yearly savings report addressed to mr b.hind.

dx

Now that made me chuckle!:lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

How can that be true? I live alone and I get a single person's discount on my council tax bill.

If you live alone and add another name, made up or otherwise you lose the single persons allowance.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I think this thread has run it's course.

Although it is tongue in cheek some of the content is bordering on a DIY in new identity and obtaining money by deception.

The bottom line is changing your name to avoid debt or obtain a credit is very possible but illegal and the methods of such are out there on other forums.

This site is too useful to be closed for content like this.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I agree with unmoderated not only that obtaining credit by deception is illegal & would NEVER EVER be advocated by CAG but also that to suggest such on a public forum is wrong & puts that forum at risk when misunderstood by those coming in half-way through what is meant only to be tongue in cheek performance

Edited by JonCris

I agree with unmoderated not only that obtaining credit by deception is illegal & would NEVER EVER be advocated by CAG but also that to suggest such on a public forum is wrong & puts that forum at risk when misunderstood by those coming in half-way through what is meant only to be tongue in cheek performance

As JonCris says, above, CAG use the law not break the law.

CAG does not and will not condone breaking the law and will not be associated with it.

With that, I am closing the thread.

Rooster-UK.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks