Moh Jamil V Hutchison 3UK Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At Court 1 in Glasgow's Sheriff Court, Mohammad Jamil took 3UK to court (in a Small Claims action) this afternoon. I was able to discover the dispute centred on an inability to use his phone due to the inability to receive a satisfactory signal. He ceased using the phone and raised an action to recover the cost of the 18 month contract he entered into.

After a short discussion between the Sheriff and the solicitor for 3UK, the Sheriff announced that Decree Absolvitor would be granted, with expenses. In effect, this meant the case against Hutchison UK was thrown out, with Jamil's claim being denied, and a inhibition raised preventing him raising the same action again. In addition to the cost of bringing the action, the Pursuer was also required to pay Hutchison's costs in defending the case.

I wasn't able to speak to M.Jamil to get the background and can only report what was said in open court . However, however I was concerned that there was no application to go to 'Proof' in any subsequent hearing (before a decision was made) - it appeared that the Service Contract provided ny Hutchison was all the court required.

Therefore I would suggest that anyone who feels they have a case that phone SERVICE is not fit for purpose and challengable - think carefully as it appears to be an unsuccessful tactic.

That's a bummer.

I had very serious issues with this company. Got to the stage where I travelled from London to Glasgow to hand deliver a complaint to their offices in St Vincent St, which according to their wonderful indian call centre, doesnt exist.

I ended up with two contracts cancelled, full refund, kept two phones and £120-00 compensation.

It is a long story, if anyone wants to see the letter I sent, I can PM it to them, but in short, Hutchinson 3G are the worst company I have ever come across in my working life.

Archway