Halifax v the maccas - hold on tight, here we go!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well at last we have recieved our bank statements for the last 6 years. I requested them nearly 3 months ago and finally received them for our 2 bank accounts. It is not pretty reading and adding it all up this morning we have £2248 charges on one account and £2303 on the other:shock: . I am a little worried as this seems to be a very large amount to claim for and not sure if I should claim for them at the same time or one at a time? Or should I add them and claim it as one amount? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm now off to go and find the letter I need to send!

Hi all I think I'm going to claim for the whole amount as it is under 5000 so would still be allowable in the small claims court from what I have read on here?? Is this the right thing to do I wonder? I feel a bit nervous about the whole thing any advice would be much appreciated.

Well it's sent now, 14 days and I'll know if I need to send an LBA, I am certainly expecting to. Feel I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster, thank goodness for this website. Have already opened another bank account which has been open for a couple of months now, I just need to sit this next bit out. I'll keep you all informed of my journey here.

Just received an acknowledgment of my prelim letter saying they will get back to me in 4 weeks. Yeah right, the clock is ticking, my LBA goes in next friday if they haven't refunded the total amount. DH and I are getting nervous and excited, can't believe they will actually refund the whole amount really, time will tell though!

• 2 weeks later...

Right here's the latest. My LBA went off on Friday 18th, 14 days after my prelim letter. They had responded to this letter by telling me they were looking into it and would take 4 weeks. I am sticking to MY timetable, so when the 14 days were up MY LBA went off. This morning we received a letter from the Halifax saying they would offer £410 as settlement. Although I was half expecting an offer I as still surprised to get it. However it is not even 10% of our claim so I have just sent off an offer rejection letter. I feel I am getting toward the exciting part. Still can not believe they will cough up the full amount, seems unreal they will actually do it! However I am determined to take this all the way - thanks to this site!

• 2 weeks later...

OK just about to start my moneyclaim online but need some advice please! Do we put the full name of defendant as Halifax, Leeds address I don't think I need to name the person I have been corresponding to do I? Also as the bank accounts are joint do I put the claimant names as that of myself and my husband or can I claim alone?

Many thanks

Please! I know they are only minor questions but would really appreciate some advice from you wonderful lot. I guess it is the Halifax plc, PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU address I put as the defendant and we will claim in joint names but if anyone can confirm this I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

I have always addressed my stuff to Trinity house,Halifax it will find its way through their system to the appropriate people anyway,replies come from alover the place.I'm sure that address would be fine.regards Nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Many thanks Nigel I'm a bit wary about using their Trinity House address though because I have sent recorded delivery letters there before that they say they never received. Still like you said they should receive them whether I use either address.

Thanks again