Numpties of the 1st Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Need some advice on dealing with cretins please!

Brief -ish summary:

Bank charges claim lodged mid 2007, and subsequently stayed indefinately.

Overdraft left on account and not paid off due to a) court claim for over 3 times the amount, and b) severe lack of funds.

Account passed to banks in-house debt collectors 2008 - managed to get the message across after a serious ding-dong battle.

Applied for refund under hardship earlier this year.

A month AFTER hardship letter delivered (as per POD) account passed to external DCA cretins.

Hardship claim accepted, and paid last week - over 3 grand short of court claim amount.

Cretins threatening letter ( addressed to other half only, even though it is a joint account) received same day as cheque.

Email sent to cretins in my name - as OH has done a bunk - advising them that account in dispute etc etc.

Reply received today by email - addressed to him, surname spelt incorrectly - saying client has advised that dispute has been resolved, therefore please contact urgently to discuss the situation.

WTF??

Payment was made, according to letter, in order that I could sort out PRIORITY debts ie mortgage arrears, C Tax liability order, CSA liability order, secured loan arrears etc etc etc.

So, can you help me with a suitable reply please? Just because I got some money from them doesn't make me rich - god I wish - its all been swallowed up, and the bank know that as I sent them a very depressing I & E spreadie.

Appreciative thanks in advance xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

you don't say which bank it is that you are dealing with.

I understand that your bank charges claim has been stayed for nearly 2 years and that they are continuing to pursue you.

The only thing that occurs to me is to apply to an injunction to prevent them. I have to say that given the present climate and the fact that the OFT test case has been decided in favour of the OFT twice so far, that you could stand a very good chance.

From the sound of it you would be entitled to a waiver of fees. Would you be interested? It could be quite a rough ride but it would have the desired effect.

Thanks for the quick reply BF, and I understand exactly what you mean.

Bank is shabbey, and the link to my (horrendously long) thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/94341-us-abbey-7-500-a.html

BTW, I don't know who added the ***won*** tag, but as far as I am concerned I only won a battle, not the whole war! But I understand the sentiment.

I am ready to fight, and seriously appreciate your input and advice.

Bring it on!

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: