MBNA debt help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as phonecalls go, they are still ringing my mobile and leaving messages most days, but I haven't answered them. Yesterday they rang my boyfriend's house but didn't leave a message. MBNA have this number so that's how they've got it.

I've also had a letter from each company, which was fairly polite. I haven't answered any of them back as I have been waiting to see if my CCA comes.

It is now 20 days since I sent it off, and nothing! I am due to pay them very soon, so would appreciate some advice now as to what my next move ahould be. I know I have to contact them both soon, otherwise I'm gonna get in worse trouble.

How do I check that they've received my request and cashed the PO?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can send them this now http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

It is completely your choice whether you want to continue payment, but it is now your legal right to withold payment once the a/c is in dispute. Although you may feel more comfortable paying a nominal sum of maybe £1.

i made sure the account was up to date and stopped paying them when i didn't recieve my cca, you have to make your own decisions, now they have sent me a cca which can only be described as a 'complete work of art' i feel the next step is court ( i hope they take me ) and i'm not paying them, but that's my decision:cool:

I too only stopped paying them once the CCA was in dispute and I had sent out the letter notifying them. My account was up to date until that point.... I darent say how much I owe them now its scary!!!! Still no CCA.

Just been sorting out my filing and correspondence this morning regarding my ongoing claims. I feel a letter coming on to Ms Powell as she promised me a response to her investigations at the beginning of this month. Maybe I should save on postage and include one too for Martin, 'less than' Supple!!! :D

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

better still you could change your number that would really frustrate them the key is to lessen the stress on yourself .. i know they can not contact me at home so it feels good and i only have my mobile on at work so i miss alot of their calls and when they do ring i just reject the call .... I'M in control of their rubbish

or truecall if you can afford it (can be bought through CAG

also there are now call blockers on the market for mobiles- they only cost around 10 quid!'

the phone call from mbna with the crap about fraud on the card was probably a ruse to get you to enter into a new credit card agreement (they probably recorded the call) but i doubt it would have any worth in court

Still not had my CCA back so I am going to send the 'Account in Dispute' letter tommorrow morning now. I would've done so before but my printer decided to not work..but all is good again now.

I have had MBNA ringing my boyfriend's house a few times, but they have been ignored. RMA ring my mobile almost daily and sometimes leave messages too, oh and I had one by text last week!

I have rang them three times and told them that the person they are looking for has nothing to do with me and they obviously have the wrong number! I got very assertive with the last one and thhreatened to report them if I had any more calls.

My min payment with MBNA is almost due, but they're not getting anything now this letter is due to go off - I haven't got the money anyway!

Probably a lot of fun and games shall be happening in the not so distant future!:evil: I'm quite amused but a little frightened all the same.

no payment is new ground for you but don't be scared they have failed to give you a valid cca so you're upping the game ... and that's all it is ... a game make sure you don't speak to them on the phone cos their scare tac tics will work so ignore the phone and join the gang ... and have fun this is an adventure!!!

Thanks guys, you're just the inspiration I need! :D I am feeling a little nervous of not paying them, but if I hadn't found this forum, I know I would be feeling a lot more negative things and probably wouldnt've got this far.

You're right shakti, this IS an adventure...and I've always loved them! :razz:

I felt just the same when I stopped paying them. Just remember you are within your rights to do so. They have defaulted on your request which was not unreasonable.

This forum is excellent with support and advice. No one will say its going to be easy, but an adventure is what it is, or a game of cat and mouse!!! :D

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi Lady in Hell, subbing to your thread and just wanted to endorse the comments above. I am now almost 5 months into this with no payments made on 5 accounts and was very concerned about my own actions as I had always been up to date in the past. Now with the support on here I am relatively calm about it all and look forward to receiving post from these leeches as I know I can cope with it with the help on here. It is really important as others have said not to answer the phone but log everything for future use. Good luck!

Hi all, same problem with MBNA and i have also decided not to make any further payments while i am in dispute. Also because i can access my account on line i have changed my phone number on my account to some jumbled up number, no calls since. You could also send them the telephone harressment letter if you cannot access your account on-line

As a newcome, this site is just fab and gives you the confidence and support to challenge the big boys.

Do not be scared of MBNA as they always ---- up along the way this is a hardened MBNA ex-customer speaking here lol

NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ALL WAYS COMMUNICATE VIA POST ONLY AT ALL TIMES.

Sorry about the caps but that is most important

You will get many many letters of all different styles and colours some of which are quiet comical. They are just treats and nothing else.

You will also as you have found out get many phone calls this is because it is there preferred method of communication.

In my case it went to court and they constantly filed docs late, abused the court process, forged a default notice which did not comply the list goes on.

They did not get a CCJ i originally offer £50 a month but they refused this and i ended up with a court order to pay £20 a month as the judge asked how much i could afford.

So in a nutshell do not be scared as we are here to help and guide you and if it goes to court so long as you yourselve follow CPR they will ---- up along the way.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi all, same problem with MBNA and i have also decided not to make any further payments while i am in dispute. Also because i can access my account on line i have changed my phone number on my account to some jumbled up number, no calls since.

The bad news is..... if you have ever phoned them and left a message on one of your landlines or mobiles, they will probably have a record of the number. It doesnt necesarily have to be the one mentioned on the account. They are very sly like this. I have for a long time used 'alternative' numbers, as I hate being called at home when they are trying to sell me products etc. I once called them from my old work phone regarding an issue, if believe is was the first time my payment was considered late, except it wasnt!!! but it was enough for them to stop my 0% deal. I left a message for them to call me back but they never did. However when I stopped paying this is the number they tried contacting me on. Too much of a coincidence. I did still have the mobile at this time but changed my job just a month ago. I only answered the phone to RMA once, and told them they had the wrong number. They have had no choice since but to contact me via letter.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, haven't been online much but thought I'd do a quick update..although nothing extraordinary to tell.

Still been getting calls to my mobile from RMA, but have ignored all of them, it's pointless me ringing and saying that I'm not the person they're trying to reach, as obviously they are still trying.

I did send the 'Account in Dispute' letters, to MBNA and a copy to RMA - both seem to have completely ignored them and have each sent me out letters saying that I'm behind in payments....really?:rolleyes:..and to ring them immediately!

I did however receive a postard saying that someone from RMA is gonna call to the house on Friday morning..obviously I shan't be at home! I'm not really sure what will happen cos of this though...please tell me that they can't force entry..or speak to my neighbours?:confused:

Any advice please. :)

well they cant (and trust me 100% they wont) try to break into your house

why would they want to do so?

as for talking to your neighbours- well this is a definate no no BUT i am afriad there are some complete A***holes out there so it cant be ruled out

Hi Lady in hell

I got a calling postcard from RMA last year. Scared my daughter & Me if im honest.

When I questioned them about it they said "Oh its only a phone call not a house visit".

Good job I said because without prior notification that would be ilegal.And I wil report you.

RMA havent contacted me since.

hi they sent me two of these letters and didn't turn up, they won't and they can't force entry until they've taken you to court cos a baliff has to do this, they won't (if they have any sense) cos they don't have a valid cca and if they do take you to court we are all here to help you through it.... so sit back put you feet up and have a giggle

shakti

they can if they've taken you to court ... but only if they've taken you to court cos they get the police and a locksmith ...trust me

A bailiff cannot force entry to a house unless he has been allowed inside the house on the same warrant for example to do an inventory on a previous occassion

Police officers do NOT assist bailiffs they are there to prevent a breach of the peace

(usually on account of the debtor threatening to flatten the bailiff if he comes inside)

TRUST ME not him