Name spelt wrong on DCA's records

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just been looking through the various letters I've received from Cabot Financial, and they've got my name spelt wrong. Is this something that could potentially be used against them should matters go to court!

I mean, they're chasing a person that isn't actually me!

Suspected as much, not that I'm planning on taking them to court, or allowing them to take me there! :D Just made me think....might be good ammunition to use against them for annoying them at some point though!

Since when did cr@pbrot have any credibility :confused:

Agreed. Just thinking....I could most definitely send them a letter saying that nobody with that name lives at this address. It wouldn't be a lie! ;):)

I did this many many years ago, DCA chasing a disputed phone bill, for about £25 mind you, mixed up my initials, wrong spelling of surname. Opened the letter, read it, wrote 'not known at this address' across it, resealed it and wrote return to sender. Never heard another word.

As others say, chancy though, not recommended, think I got lucky with the amount!

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

DCAs suffer from spelling problems all the time due to their poor quality of monkey. They also changed my sex by referring to me as a Mrs with an obvious male Christian name.

• Haha 1

Agreed. Just thinking....I could most definitely send them a letter saying that nobody with that name lives at this address. It wouldn't be a lie! ;):)

*I have been here too long* You will still more than likely end up with a string of letters asking for more information either about yourself or the incorrect spelling of your name.

*I have been here too long* You will still more than likely end up with a string of letters asking for more information either about yourself or the incorrect spelling of your name.

Yeah, I suspected as much. Ah well, doubt I'll need to use this as an option anyway seeing as they've just confirmed in writing that they don't have my original CCA! :D