MKDP & Barclaycard Claim Form***Strike Out***

Shanidev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Shani,

Can you reply to my Q in para 1 of my post #70 above about the courts' Directions.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks and noted.

Do you have notification of a final hearing date yet.

Or anything else received from the court since you filed your defence as per post #67.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Shani,

I wish you good luck at the hearing.

I'm sure you've been busy researching in preparation for the hearing but I thought I'd post the following that we had as a guide about improperly executed credit agreements :-

2. Agreements that are not properly executed

If an agreement is not properly executed as defined in section 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 then Section 65 says that it can only be enforced by a court.

65.--(1) An improperly-executed regulated agreement is enforceable against the debtor or hirer on an order of the court only.

However, the Court's powers to enforce an agreement that is not properly executed and that was entered into before 2006 are limited by Section 127(3) of the Act.

127.--(1) In the case of an application for an enforcement order under--

(a) Section 65(1) (improperly executed agreements)....

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under Section 65(1) if Section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under Section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner)

This section says that an agreement that is not properly executed can only be enforced if it consists of a single document

a) signed by the debtor, and

b) has the prescribed terms

The prescribed terms for enforceability under s127(3) are given in Schedule 6of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983:

For fixed sum loans (e.g. bank loans, hire purchase agreements) the agreement must contain:

- A term stating the amount of the credit

For running account agreements (e.g. credit cards) the agreement must contain:

- A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

In all cases, the agreement must contain:

- A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following--

(a) number of repayments;

(b) amount of repayments;

© frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) dates of repayments;

(e) the manner in which any of the above may be determined;

or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

(For hire agreements, there are other details given in Schedules 3 and 4).

All running account credit agreements and agreements for fixed sum loans which fall within certain exemptions (Schedule 1 paragraph 9 - usually if either of the other relevant prescribed terms are missing) must also have

- A term stating the rate of any interesticon on the credit to be provided under the agreement

Thus, it is quite often the case that an agreement sent in response to a request under Section 77, 78 or 79 may fully comply with the (revised) requirements of those sections but not be enforceable. For example, a typical response from a credit card company consisting of a copy of an application form and a copy of recent Terms and Conditions would comply with Section 79 but would probably not be enforceable for one of several reasons:

a) no signatureicon (copy of unsigned application form)

b) no prescribed terms (interest rate, etc not on the form)

c) signature and prescribed terms not on one document (signed application form and recent Terms and Conditions).

It should be noted that some older MBNAicon application forms in particular do have the prescribed terms in a narrow column on one side. They are often headed "Credit Card Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974" as well. Such forms should be checked very carefully as they may be properly executed. If not, they are probably enforceable by a court under Section 65.

Section 127(3) was repealed in the Consumer Credit Act 2006, which came into force in January 2007. Therefore, the enforceability of any agreement entered into after 2006 cannot be challenged by Section 127. This doesn't mean that such an agreement is necessarily enforceable but it does mean that its enforceability must be argued on its own merits.

Thank you everybody for all your help, advice and good wishes. I was at the court this morning. I won. The judge said I don't have to pay this. They have 30 days to lodge an appeal. Let's see which way the cookie crumbles.

Once again thank you for all the hard work. God Bless everyone on this forum.

yes!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done...update your thread when you receive the General Order Shanidev.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

Received the Order in March but we were flooded out - still busy trying to get things sorted out with the house. Claim was ordered to be struck out on grounds that the Claimant did not attend and did not comply with the order.

Thanks to you all.

Shani

Excellent !!

:whoo:

Thread title amended to reflect the result.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 6 months later...

Shocker this morning.

Received a letter this morning to say As judgement has been held in excess of a month, the are intending to apply for a charge against property. Should I ask them to clarify what judgment are they referring to. Can they ask for a charge on property when they lost the claim.

Thanks in advance

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shanidev,

First off, I would contact the court to check that no such Judgement has been made, just in case something's happened that you don't know about.

Report back here and we'll suggest how to proceed with MKDP.

shanidev, can you edit out the personal details of your letter and post it up for us to see. Although I think you need to do as slick advises and speak to the court first.

If there has been no judgment awarded outside of your knowledge, then I think MKDP either have a communication problem within their organisation or they are trying it on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for delayed reply. We were moving house and didn't get round to connecting my PC or getting paperwork out of boxes. Just as well I didn't get round to doing anything because on Monday I received letter of apology from MKDP saying it has all been a mistake due to internal error.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.

Hi Shani,

If they didn't offer you any compensation for the stress and anxiety caused by their error, I would write to them asking that they make you a realistic offer, failing which you will make a formal complaint to the FOS.