Information Commissioner's Office

drob

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 30th July 2008 i made a complaint to The Information Commissioner's Office. To cut a long story short i made a Subject Access Request to Capital One and they sent all my personal information to a third party.

10 months down the road i finaly receive a response to my complaint from The Information Commissioner's Office.

The response is quite long winded but can be summed up in one paragraph at the end of the response.

Dear drob

We have written to Capital One concerning the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information to a third party and advised them to take appropriate steps to prevent similar breaches in the future.

So it takes 10 months for that!!!! absolutely disgraceful response, what was the point of complaining in the first place!!!!

I doubt whether the ICO would disclose to you what censure measures they've imposed on Crap1, at the very least I assume they have been fined £5000. Every complaint made is another nail in their coffin although it may not seem so at the time.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT