• Tweets

• Hello,   Apologies as I know this topic has been done to death but I find myself in a situation I can't seem to find another example of?   Around 12 months ago, Moriarty Law contacted me about a supposed debt relating to my ADCB current account in Dubai. Nearly all current accounts come with an attached credit card (turns out they don't but one of the pages in the initial application that you're asked to sign is actually for opening a CC.... I know, should have been more studious with reading).   Thanks to this forum, last year I downloaded the "Prove It" letter and sent to Moriarty. After hearing nothing at all for 11 and a half of those months, yesterday a big parcel arrived containing the pages from the original account opening app with my signature all over it, a copy of my passport and residency visa from that time and bank statements for the whole 5 years I had the current account with ADCB.   Looking at the amount owed, it translated to around GBP5,000 at such time as ADCB passed it to ML and now they have inflated it to GBP10,000 using a combination of mystery charges and a made-up exchange rate between AED/GBP.   I'm wondering what my next move should be as others seeking help from this forum usually see a Prove It letter to be enough to shoo the DCA away. Sadly in my case, there's 3kg of paper on my desk that very much proves it.   Also I'm a director of a UK Ltd company now so would like to avoid anything that may sully that.   Any advice gratefully received, thanks very much!  
    • Will this now get allocated a court date as CLI have exhibited evidence? Or will the court review the evidence first? 🙄
    • Hi Lutz,   Go ahead with the new account.   As I said already, the bank will probably do and say nothing to help you for the next few weeks so make whatever other arrangements you can.
    • I don't think that you have told us when you bought the car. However, you have referred to a conversation in which they apparently told you that the MOT had been carried out on 11 November so that suggests to me that you bought it after that date. Although it seems as if you are dealing with quite a dodgy crowd, you may as well go through the paces of asserting your proper rights. Because you have discovered this issue within the first 30 days – you can add to the strength of your position by sending them a letter asserting a right to reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act. If a car manifests a defect within the first 30 days then you are entitled to reject it out of hand with no chance of repair but you must assert your right in writing. Send them a letter immediately – recorded delivery – informing them that you are rejecting the vehicle and telling them on what grounds and say that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act. It won't make a whole lot of difference, but later on if you find yourself having to take court action, then it will all help. Please let us know when you have had the AA check. Meanwhile, I suggest that you contact me at our admin email address and let me know the identity of the garage and any other identity clues that you have unearthed. It may enable us to give you additional help
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4208 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there dunno if i posted this in correct place and didnt want to post this on my other thread but is it legal for a DCA to search my credit file without my permission.I was on Experian yesterday to see how mine was looking when i notice clowns i mean lowells had been mooching around it in november?