GMAC vehicle finance interest Rate Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one please explain how interest works . I got a car on fixed 5 yrs interest and I like to pay early settelment. In simple language :

Car value £ 14705.00

Deposit paid £ 1000.00

Loan credit £ 13075.00

Interest add £ 7151.40 ( 5yrs)

total £20856.40 Divided by 1st month payment £455.64 followed by58 X £326.64 and final payment £455.64.

So far I have paid £455.64 +£326.64X8=£3068.76

GMAC gave me a settlement figure £12499.04 so is that mean I only pai towards my car £1206 and rest was the interest£1858.76

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/GMAC.jpg

Can any look at this please first 3 box where it says total amount payable

and then look at interest charges £6151.40

Now if I total this amount with £ 13705+£6151.40=£19856.40 So why they are asking total £20856.40

Any brain power please make my life easier:-?

Edited by Andy01

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

You have not taken the £1000 deposit into consideration. The actual cost of the car was £14,705 less the deposit of £1000.

I don't know whether they calculated the interest on the full amount of £14705 or the full amount less the deposit. Maybe use one of the compound interest sheets that come in Excel to see whether the interest has been charged correctly.

PS The reg number is still on the form and you may want to remove it so that you cannot be identified.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

Loan is for £13705.00

Total installments £19856.40

Deposit £1000.00

total amount= to £20856.40

So they have added my deposit with this loan which they shouldn't.

Can any one check this please

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Please any one out there helloooooooooooooooo