Capital One recalled debt from Fredricksons!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you help me? Capital One gave my son's debt of £4K to fredricksons debt collection agency. They agreed both by letter and email, 'on behalf of their client Capital One' to accept £1654 in full and final settlement. I asked for them to include a sentence - "That the sum of £1654 was in full and final settlemnt of the account and neither they, Frdricksons, nor Capital One, nor any other collection agency acting on Capital One's behalf would try to recover further monies in the future". Within minutes of me sending this email I received an emailed reply to say

"Capital One had recalled the account as the placement period has expired. We are no longer dealing with the account. Please now contact the client direct to discuss payment."

I emailed back to ask what this means and for it to be confirmed in writing and received the following reply within minutes:

"Our client, Capital One have recalled the account as the period of time they placed the account with us to collect on, has now expired. A letter has been sent in the post today. We are no longer dealing with the account. You will need to contact them direct."

The agreed date for the repayment was 4 June 2009 so no breach on my son's part there. Does anyone else have any experience of this?? We ar at a loss to know what to do for the best. So far, this has been a long ongoing since last July battle! Any advice would be greatly applreciated. Thank you

Does seem a bit odd, however a possible scenario is that with what you asked to be confirmed and if you paid on your sons behalf it would be very difficult for anyone to go after the balance - at which point Freds lost interest.

I note this is a Cap ! account, I assume you have checked the debt is in fact enforceable.

David

Well, I took letters from here re harassing phone calls - had to send these twice and Fredricksons returned the £1 postal order, third time of writing, they agreed to stop! Sent letter giving them permission to deal with me and emphasised that I did not own the debt but would try to help my son. Asked for CCA and got stuff from Capital but to be honest I don't really understand any of it so don't understand how to get bank charge refund or if the debt is enforceable. I think I must be a bit thick sometimes but all this is new to me. Still, I will see what happens next? Cap One originally agreed to accept £1500, but then reneged and handed it to Fredricksons!!

Also, depite my lack of knowledge, I managed to get MBNA to agree to accept £4500 on £16000 debt in partial settlement with written guarantee that they won't chase for the money in the future, simply by being persistent and using the CCA letter etc from this site. Some you win, some you lose but at least some of his debts are being sorted. I am a lot poorer as a result and now have no savings but the extent of debt when it is too high becomes absolutely crippling and you can't live your life - he is better to owe me and repay at a reasonable rate - I expect I shall die before he pays me back but hey, what are mum's for???