Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,


First time on this site hope im doing this right, but was hoping for some advise with dealing with baliffs.


Equita has sent my brother threatening letters regarding unpaid parking tickets which have nearly amounted to £900. my brother was not staying with us for some time so letters that came to our address we forwarded back to equita and we also informed them over the phone but they still kept sending letters.


my brother has now moved back in and we are trying to resolve the issue but as we have no knowledge of baliffs and our rights are finding it difficult to come to an agreement with them every time we contact them they demand full payment which is spiraling out of control. we finally spoke to one person and we told him we wanted to set up a payment plan but he said hed be the judge of that :evil:.

i was told to write a letter to ask for a payment plan to be set up but after two letters we have not recieved any acknowledgment except threating letters. we cannot pay the full amount in one and really have no clue on how to resolve this matter please if any one can guide us on what we can do next we will really appreciate it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.


Do you know if the parking tickets are Penalty Charge Notices issued via the traffic enforcement centre in Northampton? These are often known as 'PCN's' ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, this fact-sheet is excellent;


National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 33 Parking Penalties In The County Court


If the bailiff has not gained entry please ensure that they NEVER do, keep the doors and windows locked and hide any motor vehicles for the time being if possible.


When you write to the bailiffs firm ensure that you request a breakdown of the fees and charges that they have applied. We can then check to ensure that they are reasonable and within the guidelines allowed.


If your brother has any grounds for filing a late statutory declaration it is certainly worth doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much i cant tell you how stressful it is dealing with this firm. In the letters i have sent them requesting a payment plan to be set up i did request a break down of all fees and charges but as i stated they have ignored me totally.


i will read the fact-sheet in detail to try and see what i can do, in the mean time do you think i should write to them again? if so do you have any sugestion to how i can get them to pay attention this time?


Thank you so much in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always send the info via recorded delivery.


Request the name of the court where the bailiff is certificated


Remind the bailiff's firm that they should be adhering to The National Standards for Enforcement Agents:


Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents


Request a copy of their complaints procedure


Stress that they are NEVER going to gain entry and ensure that any vehicles are well hidden.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill be honest with you. I had dealings with Equita, and actually found them to be very helpful, and they were willing to help when I explained that I couldnt pay at once etc. Make sure you remain calm and polite with them. It will get your further!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

thank you for your advise and i have told my brother to follow your advised steps.


i did write to the baliffs in question and asked for a break down of charges of fees and a request to pay the amount owed installments, they have refused and demand immediate payment. the are really fustrating me at this point they refuse to come to any agrement or send any break downs of charges can they do this?


i am going to write to them again and say i demand a break down otherwise i will make a formal complaint but im not sure if i should complain to equita or northampton county court?



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...