lloyds personal guarantee issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Regular reader here, but now my first post!, oh dear.

I have an issue with a PG from Lloyds. I singed a guarantee at the bank for £3000 some where along the line our overdraft was upped from £3000 to £8000, and from there things went a bit down hill with the business and it has been stagnant ever since, and has a proposal to strike off, but not yet.(was/is LTD company)

Anyway the bank is now chasing me for payment of £8000, I've said show me the signed PG and we'll talk, so after a year or two they have now got a PG to me, but I know I never signed one for £8000 ( I did sign one for £3000) however the PG, is for £8000!. oddly its my signature and name and the bank managers signature and name, no dates, no witnesses and no amounts the other page is an amount of £8000, but there is nothing I can see to tie these pages into a document.

the only date is on the first page, with my name and address, which is a year before the account was O/D to the £8000, when the first page is dated we had the o/d limit of £3000

they now have a debt collector chasing me, part of the Tessera group.

So, my questions if any one knows is:

Do PG need to be Witnessed?

Should the signature not be dated?

Would Lloyds really try and pull a fast one for £5000?

Any ideas what I should do? as I do not have £8000 ( don't I own 43% of this bank?)

many thank yous for any advice.

TO