Big Weapon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now i appreciate not everyone can afford this device at around 100 quid (120 with the recording device) however having installed this myself i can't begin to tell you how wonderfully silent it is whilst having 11 credit card companies all calling me several times a day and i don't hear a single thing!

i just look at my computer and see the log of inbound blocked calls

What i did was to write (like most others) and tell these companies that i would not speak to them on the phone and that all communication must be in writing in order to provide an audit trail of exactly what is said and agreed and that i would ensure that all letters would be responded to within 7 days at the latest I then pointed out the possibility of harrassment charges etc if they ignored my wishes by hounding me with telephone calls that i would not answer

Then of course (playing into my hands) they did exactly that!.

I then sent each one (all eleven) a letter saying that i was dismayed that they were not prepared to commit themselves to writing or to resolve matters formally and that despite my requests they were already making telephone calls in the full knowldege that i had specifically stated i would not discuss matters verbally and therefore could only be construed as for purposes of harrasment or intimidation

I then stated

"As a result of your failure to adhere to what were clearly reasonable and responsible steps to try to resolve matters- it has been necessary for me- to install equipment at a cost of 125 pounds to prevent telephone harrasment and to make a full automated record of all attempted inbound calls

As this action has been necessitated SOLELY by your actions this amount will be dedected and or counterclaimed either from payments made to you or alternatively from any alleged amounts that you may claim are owed to you

+++

I can only say that when i look daily at my computer record of all the calls and the times of day they are being made- that this is the best investment you can make (if you have the money obviously) in dealing with these cretins.

they are answered/rejected automayticaly without so much as a tinkle of your phone whilst still allowing friends/family to get through normally

I have no relationship with or brief with truecall other than as a (very) satisfied customer.

i hope this is of help to others

hi

having got one of these myself i have to agree what a great investment it was.the only problem i had was with ntl which does not support caller display in most areas (and theyre supposed to the most sophisticated system available)but you can still manually zap callers.now ive moved to bt with caller display only the calls i want get through and im no longer afraid to answer my own phone.also you can get a deal through cag for a free recorder which saves you £20.

hi

having got one of these myself i have to agree what a great investment it was.the only problem i had was with ntl which does not support caller display in most areas (and theyre supposed to the most sophisticated system available)but you can still manually zap callers.

Contact Truecall directly. I think that they may have fixed this caller display problem

Now i appreciate not everyone can afford this device at around 100 quid (120 with the recording device) however having installed this myself i can't begin to tell you how wonderfully silent it is whilst having 11 credit card companies all calling me several times a day and i don't hear a single thing!

i just look at my computer and see the log of inbound blocked calls

What i did was to write (like most others) and tell these companies that i would not speak to them on the phone and that all communication must be in writing in order to provide an audit trail of exactly what is said and agreed and that i would ensure that all letters would be responded to within 7 days at the latest I then pointed out the possibility of harrassment charges etc if they ignored my wishes by hounding me with telephone calls that i would not answer

Then of course (playing into my hands) they did exactly that!.

I then sent each one (all eleven) a letter saying that i was dismayed that they were not prepared to commit themselves to writing or to resolve matters formally and that despite my requests they were already making telephone calls in the full knowldege that i had specifically stated i would not discuss matters verbally and therefore could only be construed as for purposes of harrasment or intimidation

I then stated

"As a result of your failure to adhere to what were clearly reasonable and responsible steps to try to resolve matters- it has been necessary for me- to install equipment at a cost of 125 pounds to prevent telephone harrasment and to make a full automated record of all attempted inbound calls

As this action has been necessitated SOLELY by your actions this amount will be dedected and or counterclaimed either from payments made to you or alternatively from any alleged amounts that you may claim are owed to you

+++

I can only say that when i look daily at my computer record of all the calls and the times of day they are being made- that this is the best investment you can make (if you have the money obviously) in dealing with these cretins.

they are answered/rejected automayticaly without so much as a tinkle of your phone whilst still allowing friends/family to get through normally

I have no relationship with or brief with truecall other than as a (very) satisfied customer.

i hope this is of help to others

This is great news. However, if you paid £125 for it then you didn't get it through us because we are passing it on at cost - £100.

It would be great if you would post this in our review section too.

thanks bankfodder but ive changed to bt now.i was told by ntl/virgin that caller display wasnt supportd in my area.however as stated callers still need to get through the whisper and you can zap them manually so the device still does what it says on the tin

I use the cheapo alternative, bought a phone from Argos,make sure the answer machine has 2 pre recorded outgoing messages, set your phone up and set to answer at 4 rings, select outgoing message 2 (which is answer only) mix this with caller id and when the phone rings and you dont know the number the machin in answer only mode says" sorry your call cannot be taken now, please try later" and hangs up.

Over a week they got the idea, and now they rarely ring.

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".