Vodafone and incorrect charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a month ago my contract was due for an upgrade, i called in and attempted to do the upgrade telephonically, i waited a few days and no sign of my new mobile, i called again to check, and they had no stock and couldnt advise when i would get the new phone, and was then told i could do it instore and the cancel the upgrade with them over the phone, which i did.

I then got my new mobile instore, and was on hols for a week, when i get back i see notes that they tried to deliver a new phone. When i check my bill, i've been charged £221 for a new mobile, i immediatly call VF to tell them this is incorrect and am told they would sort the problem out, and week later still hasnt been sorted, so i call in again to be put on hold and then told it has been passed on to a manager, who will rectify the situation, a couple days later i call again, again a manager will fix it within 30mins, 2 days later i phone again same story, the day before my debit order date, i call again to check, and am told my account has been credit with the £221, and the correct amount will come from my bank account - Surprise Surprise, today the incorrect amount is debited from my bank account. I now phone VF (191) and then am told i must wait 7-10days or go to the bank and fill in and indemnity !?!. I asked for a manager, but they all in meetings, but if they were there they would tell me the same thing i'm told, i asked for a customer services number, they dont have that. I'm then told that i must fill in a form online, which i did. Now i have to wait 5 days for a reply. Why is VF customers made to pay for their mistakes. I am now going to incur extra bank charges due to their error, but i must wait 7-10days for them to rectify a situation that they been aware of over 2 weeks.

Big compasny, and when you buck the trend it all goes pear-shaped. Most companies don't react well to non-standard actions, and with the online and retail systems running seperately, errors like these are prone to happen as there is no overview to see what the problem was and how it came to manifest itself.

My giving a firm a DD you are also complicit in the process, they DID tell you the money would be taken, and it was. Thew fact you alerted them to the issued wouldn't stop the payment being taken as these are often prepared for debit days in advance of the billing date, and will always have to be refunded.

I'd suggest giving any outfit a DD comes with it the understanding that should it go wrong, they'll rectify it in their OWN time, and that is what disadvantages the customer.