Alioj30 and Barclays PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hope someone can help !!!

i paid off a loan with barclays with ppi in 2006 with a consolidation loan from HSBC. i asked for a settlement figure which they gave me £2365.47 and i paid it off with a personal cheque over the counter (i had no refund of ppi) then in october of this year over two and ahalf years later i had 6-7 phone calls in a week and one letter saying i owed them £600+ !! i.ve been trying to sort this out now for 7 months now i've had 8 letters ,numerous phone calls and trips into the bank. each person is telling me my PPI wasn't closed, but who's fault is that ? am i entitled to some PPI refund and who's in the wrong ? its stressing me out and it can't be doin much for my credit rating !! angry and concerned !!!! :-x:|

Hi Alioj and welcome to CAG.

I've put your post into your own thread to avoid hijacking someone elses.

Hopefully, you'll get the advice you need and please post on here when you need to ask Q's.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hope someone can help !!!

i paid off a loan with barclays with ppi in 2006 with a consolidation loan from HSBC. i asked for a settlement figure which they gave me £2365.47 and i paid it off with a personal cheque over the counter (i had no refund of ppi) then in october of this year over two and ahalf years later i had 6-7 phone calls in a week and one letter saying i owed them £600+ !! i.ve been trying to sort this out now for 7 months now i've had 8 letters ,numerous phone calls and trips into the bank. each person is telling me my PPI wasn't closed, but who's fault is that ? am i entitled to some PPI refund and who's in the wrong ? its stressing me out and it can't be doin much for my credit rating !! angry and concerned !!!! :-x:-|

It is time to send a Subject Access Request to Barclays....link here for SAR...Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

or this is also good Full SAR for ppi

You will need to forget the phone calls and trips into the bank keep everything in writing that way you have copies and no denials on what was said in telephone or other conversations:eek:.

You need to consolidate the information make a plan and then reclaim your PPI.

Please have a look at these threads within the CAG PPI forum.

Once you have all the data then is the time to act to make sure your case for mis-selling is noted and action taken. Failing that then it will be a case of Financial Ombudsman Service or Court action.

keep posting for more advice

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.