Legal advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am going through a very difficult situation and hope that someone can help me by providing some legal advice on what to do.

Basically, someone has fradulently taken out a mortgage in my name. I have not seen the property before and did not sign up to any such mortage. trouble is that i signed up an initial mortgage and my personal details from this mortage have then subsequently been used to secure a second one in my name. I only found out when the mortgage company starting chasing me with phone calls demanding repayments. the mortgage company have taken the matter to court and i am also fighting to clear my name because i genuinely did not sign up to this.

i am a layperson with no legal background or knowledge.However, i am in a very bad financial position at the moment and cannot afford legal services and so am having to defend myself, difficult as it is. at the moment the claimant has produced a witness statement and i was ordered at the last hearing to provide a defence statement which i have now done and filed.

am just waiting for the next hearing date. However, i was wondering whether anyone could point me to a good book which gives me some guidelines to try and help me defend myself, what to do in court etc. all that literature i have seen so far dont appear to deal with civil matters, they all seem to deal with criminal law.

any further advice on what to do?

Thanks for the advice. i have reported the matter to the police and do have a log number. However, the police have been unwilling to really ppursue the investigations referring to me as a third party victim and that the banks should come to them and then they would be in a better position to do anymore with the case.

my next hearing will be anytime from now really, any reading material that anyone can recommend that gives any guidelines with regarding to anyone defending themselves in a civil matter?

I have tried the link to the SAR agreement template but havent had much luck with it. any help please?

thanks

quasi

Hi, quasi.

There's a Subject Access Request here........

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

I'll move this thread to the Legal Issues Forum, hopefully you'll get some more help in there.

EDIT: Thread moved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert